SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Scorpion Tabasco, I would order from the website if I wanted it. I doubt local stores would carry it around here.
  3. Thanks Slim, you bet I will. Just go the the website and hit the contact us form or shoot me an email at tony@outlawbullets.com. T Bone
  4. Okay! Found the Mexico Lindo on Amazon. Several varieties are available. It’ll be good to try them out again. I remember the black and the red, but I also ordered three others.
  5. You all realize the OP is looking for a video that he can download to his computer. Everything posted so far is only available if you have an internet connection.
  6. Could have been because movie sets were only so big. The less a camera panned the less set you had to build.
  7. Some excellent 300 grain .452 options. All depends on how well a levergun will cycle them. The Speer 300 grain .452 jacket soft point is amazing... if you can find them. The Hornady .452 XTP 300 grain is awesome. And very available. Some great cast options as well... be interesting to what COL the X would cycle reliably.
  8. These guys swore by their Electrolux.
  9. I just took a gatherGANDER at the sale flyers of the two stores I generally shop at. One has a standing rib roast for $11.99, and bone in ribeye steaks for $12.99. hmmm But it is both organic and Angus beef, which may have something to do with why it costs so damn much. The other store has standing rib roast for $6.99. But you have to buy $20 worth of stuff which cannot include the cost of the roast. Also can't include gift cards or Western Union or cigarettes or lottery tickets or anything else on a long list. I noticed that neither store has prime meat. Both of them have choice. Kind of hard to get prime rib from a choice roast. But, I have been known to be picky like that.
  10. Can’t find the Mexico Lindo here. I have tried it and liked it, but I don’t have an outlet for it.
  11. Yep, been doing it for years. I meant the 300 grain .45 Colt being an ear worm…or would that be a rabbit hole? Either way, I now have to look into this.
  12. I was young once. I wasn't very good at it.
  13. Ima and I still remember the outstanding Venison you cooked for us at RR-BAR, many years ago. Still the best we ever had!
  14. Match grade rifle bullets use that profile. Far more stable at long distance than flat base. Especially in the wind.
  15. I have been working through by last order of 180g TC 44 cal and been looking for a new vendor as it appears Penn has closed shop. I would take a couple 1000. Used to be able to get a 70lb pack from them. I am sure my mail man hated them.
  16. I too use Boattail bullets in all my hunting and target loads. I load them for .300 Wby Mag. 30-06 25-06 and .220 Ackley Improved Swift. Bettet accuracy and velocity. This is my .220 , notice the chrono velocity. I also did the stockwork on it.
  17. G1 shape vs G7 shape, it’s been driven by long range shooting sports and long range hunting. It’s been interesting to listen to the Hornady podcast and then start looking at bullet stability, length, weight per caliber, twist rate. Older SAAMI spec cartridges are mostly designed around G1 shapes and thus slower twist and lower BC. Newer cartridges are G7 shapes, longer, heavier for caliber and need faster twists. Since action lengths are fixed it has required new cartridges to be developed to get the longer bullets to fit correctly in a magazine. Imho interesting and can see the development over time.
  18. Today
  19. Sorry to hear that! Without knowing your cancer or treatments, just want to suggest to you to look into Keytruda immunotherapy as it assisted me after 10 chemo treatments to beat Stage 4 metastatic colon cancer and possibly it could help your battle as well. Good luck and God Bless!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.