SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Need a head gate. Of course, if his disposition warrants that you ring him, then getting him down the chute and into the gate is gonna be fun.
  3. ive not , seeing them in the adds they look tempting but my past experiece with what the adds show compared to what you actually get makes me gunshy , what my wife makes is always fresh and tasty ,
  4. Apparently, the largest floating crane on the Eastern Seaboard, capable of 2.2 MILLION pounds, single lift, has ben dispatched/arrived. There are only 9.9 MILLION pounds of wreckage holding the Dali in place, and incredibly, Dali is still afloat. The Salvage Engineers will have to attach the crane to each section to be cut apart, then remove the wreckage in small (relative) sections. It's gonna take a while. Then, the sections of the bridge sitting on the bottom have to floated (lift air bags) and also cut apart (or towed) to clear the channel. Atz gonna take another while. Scrap yards are going to get one hell of a bonanza.
  5. My son does door dash part time and he’s very careful handling the food. My friend who’s retired also does it part time and he’s also very careful handling the food orders. I’m sure there’s real slobs out there but I don’t think they’re the majority. Door Dash keeps tabs on you if you get a bunch of bad reviews. They’ll fire you.
  6. Great actor and a real gentleman! He had a fantastic smile!
  7. My wife and I tried “Hello Fresh” meals in SoCal. These were meals you prepared using their ingredients and recipe card. What was nice is I got to try some meals I never would have tried on my own or in a restaurant, like Korean Beef Bulgogi. Strange name but very tasty. It seemed like after we were an established customer our meals came with sub-par ingredients. Old or wilted veggies. Meats where the expiration date was conveniently covered or removed. And that ended our use for them. It very well could have been the franchisee trying to save a buck. Meals ready to eat or home prepared and delivered meals kind of gives me the creeps. I have no idea who handled what and how. I have no idea if the meat was fresh enough or that added taste and tender texture is due to turning meat. I refuse to buy Door Dash or Uber Eats. I have seen some of the people that handle foods for those services. I wouldn’t let some of near me let alone handle my food. I have a niece that did Door Dash for extra money. This is a girl that slobs would stay clear of. Her car smells of rotting cabbage and old air fresheners. Uh-uh, no way Jose! How she got these gigs I will never know but if they’ll let her drive for them and handle food I do not want their service.
  8. ok , i never heard anyone else mention this but i would probably be in that same court if i were hoping to compete with these , i have smaller hands as well , i suppose that is why i prefered the 51s to the 60s , ive actually gotten very fond of my 58 revolvers
  9. watab kid

Yildiz SxS

the barrels are about 8" longer 6than i would want them ,
  10. Quick update! Infections doc called and took me off off the rough antibiotic. It was reaching the toxic level. I will resume the medication that I was on before the surgery. Home health was here early to check and change the bandage. It was completely clean! We’re going out for a sit down lunch today for the first time since we’ve both been home!
  11. Taos

Yildiz SxS

My Buckaroo grandson uses a Yildez. 12ga now, had a 20ga but sold it for the 12ga. Seem to be good guns. Very light, much lighter than a Stoeger. He also has a very slicked up 12ga two trigger Stoeger and MUCH prefers the Yildez. Both his Yildez have had a few problems, nothing unusual for a lower dollar gun, and nothing that myself or most any gunsmith could not handle. Build quality is way above Stoeger. My biggest fear with the Yildez is getting parts if I need them. The 20ga is a different gun than the 12ga, different mechanisms (don't know why that is, but is). We seemed to have more problems with the 20 than the 12. The 20 had problems locking the barrels, had to get a gunsmith (Boomstick) to weld/work on the barrel locks. It also would light strike the left barrel, but that was pretty rare. The top lever that opens the barrels had problems too. The internals of the opening lever on his 20 was apparently made of soft metal and it wore completely out to where the gun would not open. Had to get it repaired with a hard weld and ground back down to specs. IMHO based on my experience with the 20ga, I'd stay away from it. The only problem with the 12 was it not opening far enough and staying open enough for easy load and shuck. An easy but careful fix. There is a lug on the barrel, between the barrels, that cocks the hammers. The lug was too long and was over-cocking the hammers. This caused the hammer springs to keep tension on the lug and barrels not allowing he barrels to stay fulling open. By removing the butt stock I could see how far the gun was over cocking. Marked the hammers to where they cocked and carefully ground down the cocking lug on the barrels to reduce the over cocking problem. I just had to be very careful not to shorten the cocking lug too much, or the gun would be gunsmith bound. Works like a charm now. That and the regular lightened hammer spring, polishing and chamber honing/widening. Overall the Yildez 12ga is a great gun. IMHO The internals of the Yildez are very similar to a Stoeger, so if you can work on a Stoeger you should be able to work on a Yildez.
  12. I did some years ago. The problem I had was that I didn’t choose the meals and by the time I learned about the deadline for selecting, the discounted meals were no more and I cancelled it. My daughter used a different service when grandson was home and he prepared the meals. She liked it. Then he went to college and her house remodel took over the kitchen.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.