SASS Wire Forum

Millions turn out for Russian election

6 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Except for that opening shot, it looks like hours of “nobody”.

It’s 2 - 3 AM when the votes start rolling in..

What a surprise they all voted for Putin!! Now that's democracy!:P

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Seems like I read somewhere that the Russian Constitution says that he is term limited, and cannot run for president or premiere (or whatever the hell it is over there) again.

1 minute ago, Alpo said:

Seems like I read somewhere that the Russian Constitution says that he is term limited, and cannot run for president or premiere (or whatever the hell it is over there) again.

They said on Fox that he could run for another 6 years and beyond that.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vladimir-putin-president-russia-signs-law-allowing-2-more-presidential-terms/

1 minute ago, Alpo said:

You are correct, only two terms consecutively at a time. After his first two terms he had Medvedev step in for a term. He then served two more terms and now ignores the formality.

so much for a constitution… perhaps he had it changed, like Lukashenko of Belarus did.

25 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

You are correct, only two terms consecutively at a time. After his first two terms he had Medvedev step in for a term. He then served two more terms and now ignores the formality.

so much for a constitution… perhaps he had it changed, like Lukashenko of Belarus did.

He had it changed. Russian democracy.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

So,"Field Marshall and President for Life Idi Amin Putin"?

• Haha 1

Looks to me like he can change the law whenever he wants .

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The Russian constitution guarantees free elections, freedom of press and religion. The press that did not favor Putin found it very difficult to stay in business. Orthodoxy is encouraged, Judaism is tolerated.

oh, and Islam in many of the federated republics.

Protestantism and Roman Catholicism are discouraged.

Edited by Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

The Russian constitution guarantees free elections, freedom of press and religion. The press that did not favor Putin found it very difficult to stay in business. Orthodoxy is encouraged, Judaism is tolerated.

oh, and Islam in many of the federated republics.

Protestantism and Roman Catholicism are discouraged.

Sounds like Biden's America.  

• Like 1

millions reinforced that putin is a dictator in free election hoax , kinda like some of ours lately i think , but we shall see , ive not given up on our system just yet , but i sure dont want puten/biden back this time , 

• Like 1

ya , so are we , think our elections are still honest ? i guess as the word is used "free" might have been a little misleading ...o really meant homnest - ours wont be as there will be illegals' voting ....theirs might be free but you gotta vote the party line 

"It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."
--Joe Stalin

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bgavin said:

"It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."
--Joe Stalin

Fake quote, but at least manufactured from a real quote:

Mark Kramer, director of the Cold War studies program at Harvard University, pointed us to something close. In memoirs written after his retirement, Boris Bazhanov, Stalin’s former personal secretary, claimed that Stalin said: "Я считаю, что совершенно неважно, кто и как будет в партии голосовать; но вот что чрезвычайно важно, это кто и как будет считать голоса." It translates to: "I regard it as completely unimportant who in the party will vote and how, but it is extremely important who will count the votes and how."

• Thanks 1

Well, thanks for the update.
As usual, when the Quote Police show up, the message of the post is long lost to the quibbling over the fine points of authenticity.

I have added your certification to my quote file.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bgavin said:

Well, thanks for the update.
As usual, when the Quote Police show up, the message of the post is long lost to the quibbling over the fine points of authenticity.

I have added your certification to my quote file.

If all one is interested in is emotional agreement with those who agree, then fake quotes serve this purpose.

If one wants to create dialog which brings others to the same viewpoint, fake quotes terminate such dialog.

In this case, there is a legitimate quote which supports the dialog.

A13usaonutL._CLa%7C2140,2000%7C61Q5UtOFP

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2