SASS Wire Forum

Tom Smashes his Balls

I smash my 44 caliber more or less pure LEAD balls on the concrete sidewalk in front of my house for all the neighbors to see.

I SMASH MY BALLS flat impressing the natural rough texture of the concrete that caused us all scrapes on our elbows and knees when we were young.

Even now you could experience this falling off your motorcycle in da street.

Make sure you smash your balls on the concrete on both sides to give them texture to grip your flints.

On my 50 caliber pistol I use 1/4 of a disk.  In my pistols mate 50 caliber rifle I use 1/2 a piece of my SMASHED BALLS.  

I bought some flint from around a Polish Castle as the pieces were too small for weapons back in the day and they were cast on the ground around the castle.  Apparently quite a few over time.

I live close to DFW airport.  I talked to the lady selling the flints as she was in the country.  She wanted to meet me at the airport until I toad her I was married.  Que Sarah Sarah.

Your smashed balls will not become BALLS OF FIRE when you shoot your pistol . . .  Or rifle.

Have fun Smashing your balls on the concrete sidewalk in front ‘cho house.

image.thumb.jpeg.5a247bd2756a3487f7a2e436623c5fc9.jpeg

2 hours ago, Come On Christmas said:

I smash my 44 caliber more or less pure LEAD balls on the concrete sidewalk in front of my house for all the neighbors to see.

I SMASH MY BALLS flat impressing the natural rough texture of the concrete that caused us all scrapes on our elbows and knees when we were young.

Even now you could experience this falling off your motorcycle in da street.

Make sure you smash your balls on the concrete on both sides to give them texture to grip your flints.

On my 50 caliber pistol I use 1/4 of a disk.  In my pistols mate 50 caliber rifle I use 1/2 a piece of my SMASHED BALLS.  

I bought some flint from around a Polish Castle as the pieces were too small for weapons back in the day and they were cast on the ground around the castle.  Apparently quite a few over time.

I live close to DFW airport.  I talked to the lady selling the flints as she was in the country.  She wanted to meet me at the airport until I toad her I was married.  Que Sarah Sarah.

Your smashed balls will not become BALLS OF FIRE when you shoot your pistol . . .  Or rifle.

Have fun Smashing your balls on the concrete sidewalk in front ‘cho house.

image.thumb.jpeg.5a247bd2756a3487f7a2e436623c5fc9.jpeg

Your not into leather?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

?  :huh:

If I'm reading this correctly, the man shoots flintlocks. But instead of encasing his flint in a piece of leather that he then screws into the dog on the cock, he takes a lead ball and squishes it onto the concrete. This imprints the texture of the concrete on the bottom of the flattened out piece of lead. Then he turns it over and does it again. This gives the imprint of the concrete texture on both sides of the lead. Now he puts a piece of lead on each side of the flint in the dog.

The thing that has me puzzled is how he imprints the concrete texture on both sides of the squished ball.

If you put the ball down on the concrete and hits it with a hammer and flattens it, it imprints the texture of the ball on the bottom. Then he turns it over and hammers it again, which imprints the texture of the concrete on the bottom, but the hammer face is smoothing out the concrete texture that's on the top.

But anyway. If that's not what he's talking about, I'm just as confused as you are.

• Like 1

The dentations stay on both the sides.  Maybe not as much on the last hammered side.

Que Sarah Sarah

The flint she no move.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

Your not into leather?

Whips and chains, Great Danes, swinging from a chandler with a cheerleader or two . . . ;~>=

• Haha 1

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought the flints on flintlocks were held in place by a patch of leather. Am I mistaken?

I ask because I think I want to buy a flintlock pistol kit for a project this summer. 

3 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought the flints on flintlocks were held in place by a patch of leather. Am I mistaken?

I ask because I think I want to buy a flintlock pistol kit for a project this summer. 

I've seen both. Leather seems to be more popular, but lead is out there and does seem to hold better from what I've been told. If I ever get off my arse and finish mine, I'll definitely try both. Seems most I shoot with use leather, but are always fiddling with them.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I've seen both. Leather seems to be more popular, but lead is out there and does seem to hold better from what I've been told. If I ever get off my arse and finish mine, I'll definitely try both. Seems most I shoot with use leather, but are always fiddling with them.

I will keep this in mind when I get mine. 

Thank you for the info. :)

• Like 1

I don't want to play this game !

Screenshot_20240218_192345_Photos.thumb.jpg.650af613a96371eafc991ef2b28cc076.jpg

Me dear Pappy hand built me a flint rifle when I was yet a beardless youth.

Still have it, still shoot it.
Always used leather to hold the flint.
Reading this and considering how well lead would likely work ... I am feeling like smacking myself on the forehead and exclaiming "Why didn't I think of that!"

• Like 1

Who's Tom?

23 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

It is the norm to use leather.  Lead does not slip as easily IMHO

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Come On Christmas said:

My true identity

Thomas J

You must be a fine upstanding and very likable character. My real name is Tom as well. I don’t make a habit of smashing my balls, but I hope to one day. :D

• Haha 1