SASS Wire Forum

Powder prices...ouch

thats a low price from what ive seen and depending on what your comparing to , i bought clays for under $100 per 8lb keg last time i bought , i still have some so ll wait and see what prices do but im also getting old-er and may not be shooting all that long - 8lbs of clays will load a lot of cowboy 45s for me and a ot of 12ga 3/4 oz shot shells too , 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, watab kid said:

thats a low price from what ive seen and depending on what your comparing to , i bought clays for under $100 per 8lb keg last time i bought , i still have some so ll wait and see what prices do but im also getting old-er and may not be shooting all that long - 8lbs of clays will load a lot of cowboy 45s for me and a ot of 12ga 3/4 oz shot shells too , 

If it was available it's in the $270 range.

36 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

The most recent prices I've seen for Titegroup locally have been $30/lb and $210/8 lb jug.  Buying local, I don't have to pay for shipping or hazmat.  

Where are you finding that locally Bob? Do they have 8 lb jugs of Titewad?

35 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

The most recent prices I've seen for Titegroup locally have been $30/lb and $210/8 lb jug.  Buying local, I don't have to pay for shipping or hazmat.  

Nobody local has had any, with hazmat, shipping, and tax I have $33 a pound in it from a place that was $28.99 per 1lb, couldn't  find anything but 1 lb bottles. All other places had raised prices from $38.99-$41.95.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Where are you finding that locally Bob? Do they have 8 lb jugs of Titewad?

Alexanders store in Blairsville.  They have lots of powder and primers, dies.  All kinds of stuff.  It's worth a trip to the mountains.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

That's a great price, I think I paid $275 for 8lb a couple of months ago.

Randy

The price recently jumped at Sportsman’s Wharehouse in my area. Titegroup was about $32 and now is $42.99. Winchester WST was $45.99 and now is $56.99. That price change just happened here. Went to buy another can of WST yesterday after having purchased one last week at the lower price and thought it was a mistake, but that’s the new price in their system and online. The gal at the checkout was kind enough to adjust price since they still had it labeled at the old price on the shelf. Happened to be passing a Cabela’s this evening on my way home from an ROI class and they still seem to have the lower pricing (e.g. Titegroup was $31.99). I assume they will be shifting upwards as well though.

Here in OZ I'd pay those prices any day...if I tell ya' what it costs ...just one example I saw on a site called 'used guns Australia'.. AS30 [ Clays ]  [ 4.4 LB  wait for it ...$1450.00 !!!!!!!!   ...just plain a-oles.

• Sad 2

The announcement was made several months ago by several powder companies to look for big increases in price this year.  I know alliant put out a statement to expect 10-25%.  With the rate everything else has went up the last couple of years powder is actually behind.  One of my sources for powder who is a pretty big alliant customer told me his rep told him not to expect any alliant powder until 2025.  Once their on hand supply is gone there will be no more for the civillian market.   So all you guys who shoot alliant better stock up while you can find it or switch to something else. 

I figured up the cost of loading at today's prices and without buying brass 38 special came up to $21.00/100.  So about $25 to shoot a match rifle and pistol.  At today's price of components i can load a box of 12 ga for $7. So it costs me $32 in ammo to shoot a normal match.  That's still pretty cheap fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Jack Spade said:

The announcement was made several months ago by several powder companies to look for big increases in price this year.  I know alliant put out a statement to expect 10-25%.  With the rate everything else has went up the last couple of years powder is actually behind.  One of my sources for powder who is a pretty big alliant customer told me his rep told him not to expect any alliant powder until 2025.  Once their on hand supply is gone there will be no more for the civillian market.   So all you guys who shoot alliant better stock up while you can find it or switch to something else. 

I figured up the cost of loading at today's prices and without buying brass 38 special came up to $21.00/100.  So about $25 to shoot a match rifle and pistol.  At today's price of components i can load a box of 12 ga for $7. So it costs me $32 in ammo to shoot a normal match.  That's still pretty cheap fun!

That’s very close to what I estimate. Now add $15 match fee, multiply by three, and add $40 for gas. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

That’s very close to what I estimate. Now add $15 match fee, multiply by three, and add $40 for gas. 

Still cheaper than taking 3 people to the movies and buying popcorn and a drink! Lol

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 1:46 PM, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Scarlett sells Titegroup at a reasonable price.  I bought 5 lbs from her last year.

Thanks! I checked my dealer stock last week. The Titegroup I got last year ..  and sold at reasonable price now costs me MORE than I sold it for! It’s almost doubled!  I can’t justify getting any because of the price I’d have to sell it! It’s getting hard with powder. 

Hugs!

Scarlett

Edited by Scarlett
  • Sad 2