SASS Wire Forum

I've wondered about this and what can you lawfully do? Legally?

All I'm going to say is...I've seen what happened to Reginald Denny. I will do whatever it takes, by any means available to prevent it from happening to me or my passengers.

I'm halfway through that, and he has talked a whole lot, but he has said very little.

Does he get paid by the word?

Talk to a lawyer in your own state as state law varies.

If you can convince a jury or a judge if you elect to dispense with a jury trial, that you had a reasonable fear of grave bodily harm or death, then you should be ok.  Keep in mind that the jury or judge gets to decide what is reasonable.  Hitting the hazard button on the dashboard and sounding your horn frequently won't hurt and dialing 911 on your cell phone is definitely a good idea.

Most of these incidents seem to occur in cities, if you pay attention far enough ahead, you should be able to avoid the whole situation by turning around or taking a different route.

And remember that legal advice given on social media or the vast majority of discussion boards is worth what you paid for it and that your social media and internet posts can and will be used against you.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I'm halfway through that, and he has talked a whole lot, but he has said very little.

Does he get paid by the word?

No, even worse than that, he gets paid by the click!   Obligatory JMHO, but he has had a few videos (one in particular was dealing with Form 1 'build it yourself' suppressors) that make me question relying on him as an accurate source of legal information 

31 minutes ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

If I believe my life, or even my health, or anyone else in mt circle, are in peril I will do whatever is necessary from running them down to emptying any of the several guns (no warning shots ever) in my car and on my person.

The legality of the matter can be addressed later if I live through it.

My survival instincts can (and have  in the past) taken over above all else.

I can’t watch that sh**! 

I will tell you this. 
1. Follow local news and local government websites to see planned protests. 
2. See a crowd? Don’t go that direction regardless of who you’re impeding unless it’s first responders. Pretending your car died works. 
3. A pistol gripped shotgun is your friend. 
4. Mob forms around you keep your windows up and mouth shut even if they’re crawling on your car. 
5. If clubs come out a shotgun is your friend but once you commit to that all bets are off regarding a peaceful end to the encounter. 
6. Last item. Human bodies can high center a car just like snowpack.

Remember, you are dealing with useful idiots and mob manipulators. Hardly any move will be the correct move.

By the way. I have been in these types of situations 3 times. It’s scary as hell, but keep your head and you will probably get away alive and unharmed. 
And No, I never fired my shotgun nor did I use my vehicle as a battering ram. 

Archived