SASS Wire Forum

CZ acquires Sellier and Bellot

29 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

That's for age, not your IQ.  :lol:

main-qimg-bd2ec9475b19132970f22ba573e6b2dc.jpeg.thumb.jpg.503706fd54a65dc17c88e46c532ccfb9.jpg

I like S&B ammo and brass. I have used their primers. They also work great. I just don’t like the sharp edge on the cup for loading my primers tubes for my RCBS Automatic primer tool.

I hope CZ doesn’t change S&B products. 

Hope they start importing their primers into the U.S. of A again.

56 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

I like S&B ammo and brass. I have used their primers. They also work great. I just don’t like the sharp edge on the cup for loading my primers tubes for my RCBS Automatic primer tool.

52 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Hope they start importing their primers into the U.S. of A again.

I haven't seen S&B primers for a long time!! I can't remember the last time I saw them.

13 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I haven't seen S&B primers for a long time!! I can't remember the last time I saw them.

I have 4K or so of them. Hardest primer I ever did try to fire in my cowboy guns. Only ones I’ve ever had consistent FTF from when testing them in my back yard. If I remember correctly, they are labeled small rifle or something of that sort. 

I've never used them nor have I noticed them here in Canada.

I have been seeing GINEX Primers, made in Bosnia/Herzegovina. 

A Pard bought some, when nothing else was available, but we found they seemed to be temperature sensitive and we had a troubling number of FTF and squibs using the small primers in his .38/.357 SAAs and rifle as well as the large primers in his .45 Ruger.

CCI's are starting to appear here, but powder is still short and $$$$$$$$$$

S&B primers work great in all my guns. Seat them fully like CCI primers and they work fine. They just have sharp corners and can be a pain for feed tubes. 
I bought 4000 in 2020 and used them all with zero problems. 

7 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

I hope CZ doesn’t change S&B products. 

I cuss .38 spl. S & B every time I try to seat a primer in it. If I find S & B brass of any kind, I throw it away with extreme prejudice. Don't know about the primers, never used them.

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

I cuss .38 spl. S & B every time I try to seat a primer in it. If I find S & B brass of any kind, I throw it away with extreme prejudice. Don't know about the primers, never used them.

I haven’t encountered that problem. I have mostly used their 9mm and .380 ACP brass. Some .38 and .357.

On 1/5/2024 at 7:03 AM, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

main-qimg-bd2ec9475b19132970f22ba573e6b2dc.jpeg.thumb.jpg.503706fd54a65dc17c88e46c532ccfb9.jpg

That's a good picture of you, Garth.  Usually your driver's license photo isn't all that great but it captured you perfectly.   :o 

I have never had a problem with S&B brass. I just use my primer pocket switcherSWAGER on every single piece of it - whatever the cartridge - the first time I load it.

And anyone that wishes to throw S&B brass away - I will be glad to give you my address and you can mail it to me.

10 hours ago, Alpo said:

I have never had a problem with S&B brass. I just use my primer pocket switcherSWAGER on every single piece of it - whatever the cartridge - the first time I load it.

And anyone that wishes to throw S&B brass away - I will be glad to give you my address and you can mail it to me.

I culled the S&B (and Amerc) out of my .38 brass a long time ago or I'd be happy to send it to you. I don't shoot too much CAS anymore and when I do, I rarely get any S&B brass in the brass pickup.

I started marking my brass (all calibers) with a Sharpie about 20 years ago so that  I know that it's my brass, it's not Amerc or S&B and that it's already been checked for abnormalities.  

Archived