• Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

They're a PIA on the fork! :ph34r:

Use a spoon on the pastina the others shouldn’t be a problem duh !:P

9 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Think those are bad?  Try orzo!

Definitely a tablespoon!!:lol:

You should only break spaghetti at greatest need!!

AND IT IS STILL A SIN TO PUT KETCHUP ON A HOTDOG!!!  :lol:

BUT!!  I take vehement exception to the current “requirement” stated by all these so called food experts that you MUST dump all the pasta and sauce in together and stir it around until all the pasta is saturated with sauce!!

Some people just want a little sauce with their spaghetti. Others, like me, want a little spaghetti with their sauce!!  

I like my pasta topped with sauce!!  I can blend it up myself, if I want to!!

28 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Hot dogs need mustard and onions, just like hamburgers. FRIES need ketchup. They’re the only thing ketchup is good with! And of course you break spaghetti!

To each his own !

20 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

AND IT IS STILL A SIN TO PUT KETCHUP ON A HOTDOG!!!  :lol:

BUT!!  I take vehement exception to the current “requirement” stated by all these so called food experts that you MUST dump all the pasta and sauce in together and stir it around until all the pasta is saturated with sauce!!

Some people just want a little sauce with their spaghetti. Others, like me, want a little spaghetti with their sauce!!  

To each his own! 

This topic is really starting to bore me with all you that want to tell others what’s right to put on what! How ridiculous you all sound! No one is going to listen so stuff it! Excuse me I have a hot dog to put ketchup on and a burger too while I put my uncut spaghetti in the pot! 

2 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Meatloaf needs catsup, and you can't make a good meatloaf sandwich without catsup.

I don’t know why, but I’ve never liked meatloaf!!  I don’t know if it’s all the filler or what!!

(maybe it’s the ketchup?)

Lighten up, Rye!!   Eat yer hotdog!  This has been fun!!  (and maybe educational too?)  :lol:

HELL!  My recently departed bass  player ate his hotdogs with peanut butter on ‘em!! :blink:

GO FIGURE!! 

12 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

This topic is really starting to bore me with all you that want to tell others what’s right to put on what! How ridiculous you all sound! No one is going to listen so stuff it! Excuse me I have a hot dog to put ketchup on and a burger too while I put my uncut spaghetti in the pot! 

You put a hamburger on your hotdog? :blink:

39 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I break my spaghetti so that it fits in the pan. Also the shorter noodles make a smaller ball when spun onto the fork. That smaller ball also leaves room to stab a sausage onto the end of the fork so as to get all of the goodness in a single bite. 

As for dumping everything together, I will NEVER let that be done to MY spaghetti. 

When you eat my spaghetti, you grab as many noodles as you want and put them on your plate. THEN you scoop as much or as little sauce as you want and top the noodles with it. If you want parmesan cheese, dump it on at your pleasure. 

I don't care how you have your hot dogs as long as I can have mine the way I like them. Ideally it's with chili and cheese, but I'll take salsa in a pinch. 

Order pineapple on your pizza though, and we WILL have words. 

Now, How does everybody like their pizza crust? Pan, Home style, or thin and crispy? (My best friend and I fought over this EVERY time we ordered pizza.) 

29 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I don’t know why, but I’ve never liked meatloaf!!  I don’t know if it’s all the filler or what!!

Lighten up, Rye!!   Eat yer hotdog!  This has been fun!!  (and maybe educational too?)  :lol:

HELL!  My recently departed bass  player ate his hotdogs with peanut butter on ‘em!! :blink:

GO FIGURE!! 

We had a drive inn burger joint here years ago, car hops on roller skates and their signature burger was a Peanut Burger! Yep peanut butter on a burger! It’s pretty good!

i have no problem with people saying what  condiments they put on what, in fact it’s pretty interesting but to say this or that doesn’t belong on whatever is a little arrogant. I know it’s in jest but it’s ridiculous really! Y’all have a Happy New Year!

8 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I break my spaghetti so that it fits in the pan. Also the shorter noodles make a smaller ball when spun onto the fork. That smaller ball also leaves room to stab a sausage onto the end of the fork so as to get all of the goodness in a single bite. 

As for dumping everything together, I will NEVER let that be done to MY spaghetti. 

When you eat my spaghetti, you grab as many noodles as you want and put them on your plate. THEN you scoop as much or as little sauce as you want and top the noodles with it. If you want parmesan cheese, dump it on at your pleasure. 

I don't care how you have your hot dogs as long as I can have mine the way I like them. Ideally it's with chili and cheese, but I'll take salsa in a pinch. 

Order pineapple on your pizza though, and we WILL have words. 

Now, How does everybody like their pizza crust? Pan, Home style, or thin and crispy? (My best friend and I fought over this EVERY time we ordered pizza.) 

Whatever.  I lived in a neighborhood with several Italian families whose children were my playmates and often ate at their houses.  My Aunt married into an Italian family.  I still make Italian food as I learned from first generation legal Italian immigrants.  I really don't give a rats about hot dogs other than to have them on hand to facilitate dog meds. Brats, on the other hand...

23 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

A lot of people get too inventive with what they put in meatloaf.  I've never had meatloaf in a restaurant that I would care to eat again given almost any other choice.

Here's my "go to" receipt for meatloaf:

Everything Meatloaf

Ingredients:

2 pounds 80/20 Ground Beef

2 Eggs

1-2 TBS Beef Bouillon Powder

¼ cup Everything Bagel Seasoning

½ cup Catsup

½ cup Onion, chopped,

½ cup Milk

1 cup Bread Crumbs.
Method:

Heat oven to 350℉, line rimmed baking sheet with foil, place rack on baking sheet.  Use 2 layers of foil to make a sort of pan for meat loaf, pierce it through a dozen times – this will allow grease to drain away from loaf. 

Mix everything with hand mixer. 

Form meat into loaf on foil “pan” and place on rack and allow to rest for half an hour.   Set your probe thermometer into meat, set for 160℉.  Or set timer for 80 minutes and then check internal temperature.  If at 160℉ remove from oven and let rest.  If not there yet, add cook time.
(as always, adjust seasoning to your taste)

If you don't like or have the Everything Bagel Seasoning, some garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning will work.  The catsup gives a little sweetness, a little vinegar tang, and a hint of tomato flavor.

Think of meatloaf as a big Beef Sausage Loaf.

3 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

A lot of people get too inventive with what they put in meatloaf.  I've never had meatloaf in a restaurant that I would care to eat again given almost any other choice.

Everything Meatloaf

Ingredients:

2 Eggs

½ cup Catsup

½ cup Onion, chopped,

½ cup Milk

1 cup Bread Crumbs.
Method:

Heat oven to 350℉, line rimmed baking sheet with foil, place rack on baking sheet.  Use 2 layers of foil to make a sort of pan for meat loaf, pierce it through a dozen times – this will allow grease to drain away from loaf. 

Form meat into loaf on foil “pan” and place on rack and allow to rest for half an hour.   Set your probe thermometer into meat, set for 160℉.  Or set timer for 80 minutes and then check internal temperature.  If at 160℉ remove from oven and let rest.  If not there yet, add cook time.

If you don't like or have the Everything Bagel Seasoning, some garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning will work.  The catsup gives a little sweetness, a little vinegar tang, and a hint of tomato flavor.

Sounds great!!!

2 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Sounds great!!!

Thanks.  My wife REALLY likes it. I came up with it because I bought a container of the Everything Seasoning that was too salty to use on bagels so I gave it a try in a little ground pork for sausage.  That worked, so I tried it in the next meatloaf.   That and the powdered beef base take the place of salt.  

31 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Everything Meatloaf

Ingredients:

2 Eggs

½ cup Catsup

½ cup Onion, chopped,

½ cup Milk

1 cup Bread Crumbs.
Method:

Consider that one stolen, I mean borrowed.

I like the Everything Bagel Seasoning and would have never thought to put it in a meatloaf concoction.

Thanks Joe!

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

You put a hamburger on your hotdog? :blink:

Back on The Cosby show, the huxtables not only put hamburger on their hot dog, but they also put bacon on it - a bacon burger dog.

7 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Thanks.  My wife REALLY likes it. I came up with it because I bought a container of the Everything Seasoning that was too salty to use on bagels so I gave it a try in a little ground pork for sausage.  That worked, so I tried it in the next meatloaf.   That and the powdered beef base take the place of salt.  

My mom always made meatloaf with brown gravy and mashed potatoes and peas or green beans. 

16 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Consider that one stolen, I mean borrowed.

I like the Everything Bagel Seasoning and would have never thought to put it in a meatloaf concoction.

Thanks Joe!

My pleasure.  Let me know what you think of it.

12 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Classic!  If not mashed potatoes, baked potatoes since you had the oven on anyway.

Actually she did baked potatoes as well ! 

Archived