SASS Wire Forum

Photo courtesy rules?

On 11/26/2023 at 10:17 AM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Was this indoors on private property? 

Our outdoor in a public park?

At the home of the host, their residence.

4 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

The mentality of "I can do whatever I what anywhere I'm allowed to go" is extreme narcissism in that it denies the idea that anyone else has rights.    

2 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

That’s an excellent point Joe. 

Don't tell him that. He'll get all swelled headed.:P

5 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

The mentality of "I can do whatever I what anywhere I'm allowed to go" is extreme narcissism in that it denies the idea that anyone else has rights.    

That fly's in the face of the 1st, 2nd, and 5th Amendment.

Anyone can say anything they want as long as it doesn't invoke violence, or cause panic, fire, fire when there isn't one.

Anyone can photograph/video anything if they do it from a public place. Private property, nuclear plants, military facilities etc.

There is no expectation of privacy in public. You don't need anyones permission to photograph/video them.

Public officials can be photographed or video'd in the course of their duties. Public employees, cops, etc.

You can photograph the exterior or interior of any public building. Interior means "public" spaces.

You can be within 10' of any police activity and photograph/video it.

All of this has been ruled on by SCOTUS. People may be offended or think their rights are being violated but "feelings" aren't law.

Your understanding of the BOR is flawed.

The BOR restricts the federal government from violating the rights of the people.

As a guest in my private residence my rules are sacrosanct. If you do not agree to my rules you are free to leave.  A man's home is his castle. Thus is one of the reasons even in the most restrictive anti firearm states you can carry in or on your private business or property.

Again just cause it's legal doesn't make it right, just or proper.

1 hour ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

That fly's in the face of the 1st, 2nd, and 5th Amendment.

Anyone can say anything they want as long as it doesn't invoke violence, or cause panic, fire, fire when there isn't one.

Anyone can photograph/video anything if they do it from a public place. Private property, nuclear plants, military facilities etc.

There is no expectation of privacy in public. You don't need anyones permission to photograph/video them.

Public officials can be photographed or video'd in the course of their duties. Public employees, cops, etc.

You can photograph the exterior or interior of any public building. Interior means "public" spaces.

You can be within 10' of any police activity and photograph/video it.

All of this has been ruled on by SCOTUS. People may be offended or think their rights are being violated but "feelings" aren't law.

The OP says that it's inside the home.  You seem to be saying that the person whose home it is has no rights. My home doesn't become a public place just because I invite friends and family over.

i never pointed my camera at anyone that was not willing to have their photo taken in the past , actually in my journalism class [back in the dark ages of reporting] i was told you needed to have signed releases , today i wouldnt know how to get my phone to take photos fast enough to violate someone like that , im pretty sure ill take offense when and if it happens to me 

Back in the day of SLR cameras, Spiratone made a right-angle attachment for use with a telephoto lens.
This was great for getting unposed, unaware photos of natural faces without them screwing up for a planned photo.

Get the phone to delete the photos.  Just  ask, "can I see the pics", then walk off and delete, delete, delete.  Give him back the phone when he leaves soon afterwards. 

Worry about the creep interactions after the privacy invading photos are deleted from the phone AND its trashcan. 

22 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

The OP says that it's inside the home. 

I get that. There were other comments about not being able to photo/video a private property and needing permission from an individual. Thats what I was counter offering. Facts.

40 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

I get that. There were other comments about not being able to photo/video a private property and needing permission from an individual. Thats what I was counter offering. Facts.

I was wondering why you were going on about the law for public places when the subject in the OP is clearly not a public place.

Archived