SASS Wire Forum

Back question

Trigger Mike

Since my heart bypass surgery in January I’m more wobbly and prone to losing my balance but usually don’t fall.  Monday my wife wanted me to walk along the edge of the front porch at dusk to show me something and fall I did.  Straight back onto my bushes and then onto the ground where I put rip rap rock a few years ago and then covered with pine straw at my wife’s request.  

since then I sometimes have a pain along my right leg, and at the base of my back on the right side.  Once in a while while in bed if I stretch I get a very sharp pain in the middle of my spine and quickly goes away.  

I’m wondering if it could be temporary or what type dr handles such things?

Orthopedic or neurological.

Maybe both!

13 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

Since my heart bypass surgery in January I’m more wobbly and prone to losing my balance but usually don’t fall.  Monday my wife wanted me to walk along the edge of the front porch at dusk to show me something and fall I did.  Straight back onto my bushes and then onto the ground where I put rip rap rock a few years ago and then covered with pine straw at my wife’s request.  

since then I sometimes have a pain along my right leg, and at the base of my back on the right side.  Once in a while while in bed if I stretch I get a very sharp pain in the middle of my spine and quickly goes away.  

I’m wondering if it could be temporary or what type dr handles such things?

Want to add that usually I’m fine by morning but got worse today as I drove an hour then loaded a side by side on my trailer and drove an hour back and hurt by the time I got home

During your examination by your physician, ask if physical therapy might help.  My lower back and hip pain has decreased after I had a few weeks of physical therapy and learned some exercises that strengthen my problem spots.

Like mentioned earlier....PT. I had back surgery 1  1/2 years ago and I keep doing the excersizes my Therapist suggested, helps a lot.

5 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Like mentioned earlier....PT. I had back surgery 1  1/2 years ago and I keep doing the excersizes my Therapist suggested, helps a lot.

+100% If PT helps keep doing the exercises. My back surgery was 5+ years ago. If I miss exercises for a couple of days I feel it and it takes several days to get back to a low level of discomfort, not severe pain, again. Dr. told me he could not guarantee I would not have pain, only that I would not loose my leg function due to pinched nerve. He was correct!

CJ

Chiropractor and therapy.   A visit to your doctor for xray then take them to the chiropractor..       I speak from experience.    GW

Archived