SASS Wire Forum

First Fire Of The Fall

Yul Lose

Mrs. Lose returned from Ireland Monday night and Wednesday she started feeling ill, thought it was a cold. She spent most of Thursday in bed with a fever and body aches and a sore throat. Yesterday I did 2 Covid tests on her and they were both positive. She was feeling better yesterday and today she was complaining about the chills so while she was taking an afternoon nap I built her a fire, it sure cheered her up when she got up. Wonder what the neighbors think?

IMG_4595.jpeg

Tough what the neighbours think, as long as she's comfortable and content.

2 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Tough what the neighbours think, as long as she's comfortable and content.

Yep, I’m a little warm but she says she’s cozy, that’s what counts.

Why do you even care what the neighbors think?  I KNOW what mine think!  The flags in their yards, the veterans caps, bumper and windshield stickers, tee shirts with slogans similar to mine,  the friendly waves I get daily, the help and care I have received in times of need, the occasional calls and messages I find every day,......that all tells me that most of neighbors think pretty much the way I do.

I found the key to your riddle!

And I quote ..

" ...it sure cheered her up when she got up ..."

You, sir, are doing it RIGHT!!!

12 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Why do you even care what the neighbors think?  I KNOW what mine think!  The flags in their yards, the veterans caps, bumper and windshield stickers, tee shirts with slogans similar to mine,  the friendly waves I get daily, the help and care I have received in times of need, the occasional calls and messages I find every day,......that all tells me that most of neighbors think pretty much the way I do.

Didn’t say I cared what they thought.

Last fire of the summer !

Hunting season starts October 1st so I won't go up to my cabin with the Dogs until the end of the year after Hunting season ends .

20230910_125830.jpg

Archived