SASS Wire Forum

Motorcycles

Subdeacon Joe

That top one, where they're singing Stand by Me, reminds me of something a fella told me lo these many years ago.

Chrome won't get you home, but it might get you laid.

• Like 2

Cop told me one time that he preferred nickel-plated guns. Chrome plated was even better, because it was brighter.

He said if it was dim - Twilight outside or the lights weren't on inside - the bad guy might not see a blue gun in your hand. But a shiny gun that reflects light - that gets his attention. And reflecting the light actually makes the gun look bigger. You might have a Model 10 38, but that shiny finish makes it look like a Model 29 44 Magnum.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

What the heck is that? 

The Panzerbike.  They had a tank engine so what else would you do but build a motorcycle with sidecar?  It was built in the mid 80s.  Held the Guinness record for heaviest motorcycle.

• Thanks 3

Gotta love riding the old Boss Hoss with the high performance V8!! The distributor is right between your thighs!! Way fun to drive though!! No shifting, but grab a handful at 70 and the 15" wide rear tire just turns into a donut of smoke!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Gotta love riding the old Boss Hoss with the high performance V8!! The distributor is right between your thighs!! Way fun to drive though!! No shifting, but grab a handful at 70 and the 15" wide rear tire just turns into a donut of smoke!

You had / have one of those? 
I have only seen a couple of them. 

Man, imagine the sensation if that distributor cap had a crack in it. Yowzah! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

You had / have one of those? 
I have only seen a couple of them. 

Man, imagine the sensation if that distributor cap had a crack in it. Yowzah! :lol:

Back in about the 90s IIRC, a friend of mine had one of the first ones with a 350 hypo in it! I always apprehensive about driving it after watching those smoke shows on the interstate. We were all on a trip up to Maine and stopped for gas. Ellie and I were last to go in and pay. When we came out, the Boss was the only bike left in the lot! Damn Ralph took ours and left the Boss for us. Now I had played with it sitting on the side stand, but never standing up. We got on, stood it up and started her up. The first blip,it wanted to roll over, that got the heart beating! The clutch is vacuum and has zero feel. It feels like the cable is broken, zero tension. I started rolling to the road scared to death to twist the throttle!!! Then had to pull out into bumper to bumper traffic. Finally got the balls and got in the road. When ya take a sharp turn,the rear lifts up due to the wicked wide rear tire! Got on the highway and gave it some,instantly going 70 after the tire chirp! Caught up to everyone about a half hour later at a restaurant. Stopped a little short in my parking spot on a hill, called it close enough!! It was sorta fun, but would have rather been on it by myself for the first ride! Never drove it again!!

Edited by Eyesa Horg
Otto
  • Thanks 3

@Eyesa Horg that sure was “trial by fire”. :)

I don’t think I would ever do that to a buddy. Especially if my buddy had his wife along for the ride. 
The first one I saw was at The Rock Store in SoCal. The guy roared in on this thing and had everyone’s attention. I think that was in ‘90 or ‘91. 
Everybody wanted to check it out. Quite honestly, I looked at like “Why? It’s too heavy and the back tire is just nuts for taking turns…I would love to ride it!” :lol:

After that I think I saw one or two more on the freeways of the LA area. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

The Panzerbike.  They had a tank engine so what else would you do but build a motorcycle with sidecar?  It was built in the mid 80s.  Held the Guinness record for heaviest motorcycle.

Now THAT'S a hog! Giant motorbike powered by a TANK engine takes pride of place at Hamburg bike fair

3DA88A7B00000578-0-image-a-3_1488053033020.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4260030/German-tank-bike-Hamburg-motor-festival.html#v-2627931352655380429

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

@Eyesa Horg that sure was “trial by fire”. :)

I don’t think I would ever do that to a buddy. Especially if my buddy had his wife along for the ride. 
The first one I saw was at The Rock Store in SoCal. The guy roared in on this thing and had everyone’s attention. I think that was in ‘90 or ‘91. 
Everybody wanted to check it out. Quite honestly, I looked at like “Why? It’s too heavy and the back tire is just nuts for taking turns…I would love to ride it!” :lol:

After that I think I saw one or two more on the freeways of the LA area. 

When Ralphie got his there weren't many around. Everywhere ya went bikers would flock to check it out. Eventually Ralph would leave me with it to demonstrate to everybody so I was quite familiar with starting and reving it! But always on the kick stand. It was so bottom heavy, it would just roll a little, nothing like when it was up off the stand though!! The headers right by your leg were interesting too! Like you said, hate to have a cracked dist cap especially in rain. To work the clutch, there was a small pedal you pushed with your foot and pushed down a spring activated pin to hold it. Then pull in the flopping lever and the pin would release. But due to the vacuum actuator, there was zero tension on the clutch lever! But once released, there was no shifting. It had a right angle gear box directly off the bell housing. A Redneck contraption to be sure!

• Like 2

The last one ever saw years ago was quite refined by comparison with less parts to attack you!!

They had issues with breaking rear axles and Ralph designed and machined a better one which they started using. He made titanium tips/skid plates for the bottom of the exhaust. Incredible sparks on a tight corner!:D

Edited by Eyesa Horg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Opinion needed.

I'm selling my Indian. Y'all think I should post it in the classifieds?

image.thumb.jpeg.81567e1ebd9d1b39dacc2e7510b0791a.jpeg

Can't tell ya how much I wish I could afford that beauty. Wanna trade for an '02 HD Ultra Classic? ;)

Damn, that's a beautiful scooter!

12 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Seriously? I hate to see you sell it, but if you must, I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t put it in the classifieds. Unless there’s a rule against it, of course. 

That’s a gorgeous motorcycle. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Opinion needed.

image.thumb.jpeg.81567e1ebd9d1b39dacc2e7510b0791a.jpeg

You will regret it.

If its paid for it don't eat nuthin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Texas Joker said:

You will regret it.

If its paid for it don't eat nuthin.

Sadly, I rarely ride it.

At my age and with a knee replacement, it is getting harder for me to kick start it. :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 2