SASS Wire Forum

6 minutes ago, Alpo said:

What does the mayor of Miami have to do with this?

He was being interviewed as he is running for POTUS and he didn't know about this group of people.

Funny how the world is all about condemning China on behalf of the Uyghurs as they are Muslim , but Christians and Falun Gong followers have been oppressed in China for decades and nary a peep out of the US and the UN.

I guess corporate interests, precious minerals, cheap labor and a lack of political balls outweigh human rights for some people. 

You know, this is going to sound heard-hearted, but I simply don't care.

Our government isn't going to do anything about it and most of the rest of the world won't either.  We have spent many years and many lives, and way too much money trying to change the world and have gotten almost no recognition, much less thanks from those we have tried to help.

I think it's time to pull back and try to help US, to attack the problems we have right here at home, and it's way past time for the rest of the world to step up and do their part.

52 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Our government isn't going to do anything about it and most of the rest of the world won't either.  We have spent many years and many lives, and way too much money trying to change the world and have gotten almost no recognition, much less thanks from those we have tried to help.

I think it's time to pull back and try to help US, to attack the problems we have right here at home, and it's way past time for the rest of the world to step up and do their part.

I agree…Hear, Hear!

The world is afraid of China. If “the world” (UN) was worth a darn China and Russia would be reforming and coming back from the decimation of their past governments with the help of these “free” nations.

Nations are not free if they fear another nation. The only way to be free is squash the oppressors. 

My 2¢…that’s enough from me anyway. 

Maybe it’s time to return to “FORTRESS AMERICA”!!

Just come home, rebuild our military to protect our borders and fortify the military infrastructure to mid-conflict levels. Then take the “Foreign Aid” money and use it for rebuilding our own roads and bridges and our power grids and waterways, including the reservoirs and flood control dams.   Next, take our education system back to LEARNING and abandon “teaching to the test” in all our schools!!

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

36 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

I agree…Hear, Hear!

The world is afraid of China. If “the world” (UN) was worth a darn China and Russia would be reforming and coming back from the decimation of their past governments with the help of these “free” nations.

Nations are not free if they fear another nation. The only way to be free is squash the oppressors. 

My 2¢…that’s enough from me anyway. 

25 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Maybe it’s time to return to “FORTRESS AMERICA”!!

Just come home, rebuild our military to protect our borders and fortify the military infrastructure to mid-conflict levels. Then take the “Foreign Aid” money and use it for rebuilding our own roads and bridges and our power grids and waterways, including the reservoirs and flood control dams.   Next, take our education system back to LEARNING and abandon “teaching to the test” in all our schools!!

I agree we should take care of ourselves but this just shows how brutal China is. That's why I posted it, just in case you didn't know. :)

6 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I agree we should take care of ourselves but this just shows how brutal China is. That's why I posted it, just in case you didn't know. :)

Oh, I knew. Thanks for posting. It’s a very good reminder. :)

PLUS ONE for Forty

PLUS ONE for Pat Riot

PLUS ONE for Blackwater

It's simply NONE of our business.  And I wish the bleeding hearts who shake their tin cups to "feed the children" overseas would rather pay attention right here in River City.

After the Hollacaust the saying was/is "Never again!" Oh, yeah? Tell that to 3 million Cambodians against Pol Pot, Rhade tribesmen in Viet Nam, Afghan interpreters, and the list goes on.  Sadly, unless the world is interested or has the capability to do anything, nothing gets done, except, sometimes passing useless resolutions in the UN.  :(:angry:  (In case you are interested, I am a devout cynic.)

We stepped into the ring in WWII and when we were through, we discovered an atrocity of such magnitude that the world was stunned to its core, (at least some of the world).  

Then we come to find out that one of our “allies” was guilty of just the same atrocity!  

In effect, the world did nothing!!

As a nation, we didn’t actually imprison and execute the American Native tribes, but the Trail of Tears wasn’t our finest hour. Neither was our expansion across the continent.

Unfortunately, we can’t rescue every oppressed ethnic group that’s subjected to cruelty, persecution, and genocide.

The news media has “more important” things to spew their garbage about and “world organizations” are always too timid and gutless or too ineffective or too biased to do anything about it!

While I’d be one of the first to condemn such heinous acts and crimes and I would stand with whoever stands to fight against such evil, we as a nation cannot fight every battle for every group that’s out there.

This is why I am saying that it’s time to consolidate our assets and do what we can to make our own country more secure and more solid health wise, economically, and structurally.

I get were you guys are coming from with 'Fortress America' but do you think the US will ever (easily) let go of being the world leader? Do you really want China to dominate the world? They are determined to do it. Where do you think there domination will end?

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bear said:

I get were you guys are coming from with 'Fortress America' but do you think the US will ever (easily) let go of being the world leader? Do you really want China to dominate the world? They are determined to do it. Where do you think there domination will end?

You've got a point mate.

I guess I’m somewhat overstating my feelings. My reference to “Fortress America” is a look back to before we became the defacto “world cop” to everyone.

We’ve become the soft touch that everyone turns to to fix their problems and bail out their economies and rebuild their infrastructures while those same countries disrespect us and refuse to back us up.  Not everyone, mind you. We have a few, (very few) governments who  will still back our play most of the time and a few more who will join us when, (and only when) it suits their own interests.  But too often, we send tangible goods or financial assistance to countries and groups that immediately turn around and, for all intents and purposes, spit in our faces!  Then they come begging again and we bail them out again!!

It’s time that our leaders step back and take a look at what they are doing and realize that you can’t buy friends and allies!  “Fool me once! Shame on you!! Fool me twice? Shame on ME!!”

What I’m saying is that we as a nation and a government need to be more pragmatic and practical about what we do and how we hand out our resources and offer our people to solve the problems of other nations and their citizens.

Just like Ukraine, while I have no real issue helping them; why are we at last time I noticed, paying 62% and the whole rest of NATO only pays the other 38%?? While we have our fine Veterans living under a bridge in a box. It's BS I say.

Archived