SASS Wire Forum

You Just Know.....

Subdeacon Joe

The National Park Service has a demonstrated sense of humor - a couple years back, we visited Yellowstone and the Park Service, in their printed materials, stresses that if you come across a bear PLEASE do NOT push down or trip others in your party in an attempt to escape; even if you feel your friendship with them has run its course.

We live near the Smokies and know several of the crew members and rangers.  They have to have a sense of humor to put up with how stupid some of the tourists are.

For those on Instagram, look up “Tourons Of Yellowstone”.  You’ll shake your head in disbelief.

TN Williams and I were talking about Bear hunting and he ask me what kind of

pistol I would carry as a 'backup'.   I replied..... 'A .22'.

He said:  That ain't gonna hurt a Bear, just make him/her mad.

I said it wasn't for shooting the Bear.  It was for shooting him in the leg if a bear gets after us.

..........Widder

I have witnessed some real dopes in my time at numerous national Parks and Forests as well as State Parks. 
Every time I hear those really lame radio ads talking about “visiting the forest” I recall numerous episodes of dumbassery and ignorance from clueless people. I can excuse some of those people that grew up in a city and have no idea what they are doing in the woods, but dealing with the “just plain stupid” must be nerve-racking at times to forest and park rangers.

But how many tourists need to be tossed by a buffalo before ya figure you shouldn't try to pet them?!

But then again, certain humans can't seem to realize/understand a cop means it when he says STOP or I'll shoot!

15 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

image.jpeg

This reminds me of the old story about the young woman who escaped a grizzly bear attack with one well placed shot from her .22 pistol.  She shot her boyfriend in the knee.

Archived