SASS Wire Forum

Treasure Hunt

The top one is an H&R. I thought that even before I blew it up and saw H&R on the grip. 38 Smith & Wesson I believe.

Something about the second one just says Savage to me. Rimfire.

Nice looking little Eiber Smith ripoff. I wouldn't shoot it. When a real Smith and Wesson was about $20, that thing was about five. The metalurgy wasn't all that good.

@Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438that revolver at the bottom sent me down a rabbit hole. I believe I have emerged victorious. 

IMG_4583.jpeg.d37510ef9d271ed62c59e1032c221fec.jpeg

IMG_4585.thumb.jpeg.f50fff3f72de9d92cc30f9c0a88bd599.jpeg

This rollmark baffled me, but I believe I found the manufacturer. 
Trocaola, Aranzabal Y Cia (T.A.C.) Revolvers

They are out of Spain. 

A little info and history:

https://www.gunvaluesboard.com/trocaola-aranzabal-y-cia-t.a.c.-revolvers-14052.html

We have one of those Spaniards at the LGS I work at. Not bad, as it is still in very good shape. But not in the same category as a S&W.

The Savage is a model 1903, or what's left of one anyway - I have one with a full length barrel. Collectors tell me there's no such thing as a 1906, and that 1906's are just a 1903 with a 1906 patent date. The difference between the 1903 and 1909 is octagon barrel vs round barrel. Original mags are pricy, especially in .22 short.

take a close look at the length of barrels - us old guys often have things that once were legal and now arent - i dont , and im not suggesting he does , ive seen that in these "piles" before tho ...be safe and keep his heirs safe , have an attorney fix it if there is a problem , 

2 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Many thanks for all of the info.  We decided to keep only a pristine 1971 Browning Citori; everything else is headed to auction.

LL

Shooting times claims the Citori was released in 73 , if they aren’t wrong and you’re right about the year you may have a Superposed 

https://www.shootingtimes.com/editorial/browning-citori-shotgun-history/454962

I looked it up because I was shocked the Citori was that old . When I was a kid the superposed was the gun to have for skeet and trap 

1 minute ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Shooting times claims the Citori was released in 73 , if they aren’t wrong and you’re right about the year you may have a Superposed 

https://www.shootingtimes.com/editorial/browning-citori-shotgun-history/454962

I looked it up because I was shocked the Citori was that old . When I was a kid the superposed was the gun to have for skeet and trap 

Or a Remington 32/3200 

Archived