Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Alec Baldwin charged


Tex Jones, SASS 2263

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

 

 

The prosecutors in that county have been bush league all the way. A big one was charging him under a law that was not in effect at the time of the incident. In 45 years of law practice, I never saw that one. And in a high-profile case, no less.

Do you think it was done out of incompetence? Or could it have been done to assure he would never be convicted?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incompetence. They didn't have to file the charges, and I personally was surprised that they did. Too many defenses under the circumstances, I thought.

 

But they did, and along the way admitted they were incapable of handling the case, on top of the other misteps. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read just this morning that the prosecution drop charges, because new evidence has been turn over to them and they do not have the time to thoroughly investigate the new evidence before trial. They drop charges and are planing or recharging Baldwin after the investigate the new evidence 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Shoer 27979 said:

I read just this morning that the prosecution drop charges, because new evidence has been turn over to them and they do not have the time to thoroughly investigate the new evidence before trial. They drop charges and are planing or recharging Baldwin after the investigate the new evidence 

I hope so!! This guy should not get off that easy, he’s at the very least somewhat responsible for that woman’s death! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, The Shoer 27979 said:

I read just this morning that the prosecution drop charges, because new evidence has been turn over to them and they do not have the time to thoroughly investigate the new evidence before trial. They drop charges and are planing or recharging Baldwin after the investigate the new evidence 

You can't charge someone for a crime when the law was created after the fact. As to "new evidence," maybe a re-examination and re-interpretation based on applicable law. I am hopeful.

 

But the core problem is still how the movie industry has somehow created a firearms handling and management process which acts as a shield against criminal liability.

 

I own every round I fire until its final resting place; somehow a movie set changes this truth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to a report on AB news just now the charges against Baldwin were dropped "without prejudice".  According to the report the revolver was examined "forensically" and it was determined that it had "worn joints" that would have allowed the revolver to fire without the trigger being pulled.  The report noted that this is contrary to the FBI report on the revolver. Not sure what "worn joints" means.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

According to the report the revolver was examined "forensically" and it was determined that it had "worn joints" that would have allowed the revolver to fire without the trigger being pulled.  The report noted that this is contrary to the FBI report on the revolver. Not sure what "worn joints" means.

But yet nobody on the crew had a N/D earlier in the day when they were out PLINKING with the same gun!:angry:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

According to a report on AB news just now the charges against Baldwin were dropped "without prejudice".  According to the report the revolver was examined "forensically" and it was determined that it had "worn joints" that would have allowed the revolver to fire without the trigger being pulled.  The report noted that this is contrary to the FBI report on the revolver. Not sure what "worn joints" means.

Could mean a number of things. If the sear/trigger engagement was worn, it might be possible for side pressure on the trigger or simply giving the gun a slight shake could cause the hammer to fall. If the hole in the trigger pivot or the hammer pivot hole had become worn, the hammer could disengage from the trigger.  I am NOT saying that is what happened, nor commenting on Baldwin's handling of the gun, but he should not have been pointing it in the direction of the camera.  I had understood that actors in movies involving guns were told to "aim off" the targeted actors, just in case. But that may not be true either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's all most interesting. I had been said that the FBI did a full forensic exam of the revolver and found it in normal condition; no defects. This was before the charges were filed. Now 'new evidence' suggests otherwise! My guess after my long slog in the courts is that defense 'experts' have found something else. 

 

And so it goes. The prosecutor wasn't ready. They have been trying to get extra help. They don't know their own laws. Special counsel have resigned. The local office is understaffed. A genuine fiasco.

 

And if it goes to trial, Baldwin will have one or two Hollywood stars of the clearest water, beloved by all, testify that he could rightly rely on the assurance of 'cold gun' on a movie set.

 

I bet 5 bucks the case won't be refiled. I can stand to lose that much! Next comes the movie about the 'movie'.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I bet 5 bucks the case won't be refiled. I can stand to lose that much! Next comes the movie about the 'movie'.....

Already in progress.  Robert Kennedy's youngest daughter, Rory, has been hired to follow Baldwin around to film a documentary about the incident and continuation of filming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.