Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Recommended Posts

Shooter is shooting duelist. Shoots first pistol drawn from right strong side. Lays pistol down on table. Draws second pistol transfers it to right hand. Realizes the first pistol was on table instead of being holster. Transfers second pistol back to left hand (hammer is down on empty or fired cartridge) Picks up pistol on table and holsters it. Transfers left pistol back to right hand. 
 

Is this a SDQ for loaded firearm leaving shooter’s hand?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No call if not cocked.

 

First pistol does not have to return to leather until shooting string is over before next gun type is shot.

 

Edited by Flash
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No call as presented. 
 

probably a 7-10 second penalty in lost time tho! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Blue Wolf , SASS# 29424L said:

Is this a SDQ for loaded firearm leaving shooter’s hand?

 

Pale Wolf recently documented a similar procedure, and it was a No Call. Slow, but no call.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blue Wolf , SASS# 29424L said:

Shooter is shooting duelist. Shoots first pistol drawn from right strong side. Lays pistol down on table. Draws second pistol transfers it to right hand. Realizes the first pistol was on table instead of being holster. Transfers second pistol back to left hand (hammer is down on empty or fired cartridge) Picks up pistol on table and holsters it. Transfers left pistol back to right hand. 
 

Is this a SDQ for loaded firearm leaving shooter’s hand?

Could've just left that 1st pistol on the table and holstered it after. 

No call as everyone else said.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He would have been better off just holstering the first pistol. I can't remember anyone ever doing this in the 25 years I've been in SASS. Why??

 

No Call, but time lost!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Consider this, if that were a penalty,  you would always have to should double duelist. Nor could you shoot traditioal will the same hand. Ie. No call

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:
22 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Could've just left that 1st pistol on the table and holstered it after. 

No call as everyone else said.

I thought that was only the case if the pistols were the last firearms used on the stage. Original post did not state if they were or not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, doc roy l. pain said:

I thought that was only the case if the pistols were the last firearms used on the stage. Original post did not state if they were or not.

 

That is allowed anytime the revolvers are fired in a continuous 10-shot shooting string.

 

Quote

Revolvers are returned to leather (re-holstered in a safe condition) at the conclusion of the shooting string, unless the stage description specifically directs otherwise (e.g., “move to the next position and set gun on table or prop”). A shooting string is defined as shots from one type of firearm prior to the next type of firearm engaged.

SHB p.14

 

 

Edited by PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L
add reference
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.