Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Would you fire the continuity girl?


Alpo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Do you believe that a gun guy - someone that really likes guns - would go do a scene where he was supposed to be armed and forgot to put his gun on?

 

 

At about a minute 15. He gets out of the car wearing his gun, Junior gives him a cigarette and he's wearing his gun, but when he's giving the three boys that are washing the car grief, he's no longer wearing his gun.

 

The continuity girl should have caught it, but somehow I can't see Clint Eastwood or Chuck Norris or John Wayne doing that. :D

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s a movie. Belief ain’t got nothing to do with it! :lol:

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, if they would have hired a “continuity man” that wouldn’t have happened. :lol:
 

OWwww! :huh:
 

Who threw that?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:P

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember watching an Eastwood western, in the far background was a vehicle driving down a dirt road, plain as day, cloud of dust and all. 

 

While flipping through the channels yesterday, I came across Jaws and watched it for a little while. When the shark (with 3 barrels connected) is supposedly chasing Quint/Orca, you can plainly see the line behind the boat towing the barrels and it's not just a quick "did I see that" glance either.

 

I don't know if it is a gift or a curse, but I pick up on movie/tv mistakes right off the bat. Many, many movies have gun mistakes and out of place/incorrect objects or things that don't fit with the movie timeline. I try to ignore it but sometimes it's so blatant...it's hard to ignore.

 

Yes, I would fire the continuity "girl" but then if I'm the director/producer/financier...I would watch the "final" cut of the movie several times...just for that purpose. The buck should stop at the top, not at the bottom. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Resources:

https://screenrant.com/worst-continuity-mistakes-movie-history/amp/

 

Also:

"Worst Production Mishaps and Mistakes in Movies and Television" https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a27379318/worst-production-mistakes-film-tv-history/

:rolleyes: Watch the video in this one.:rolleyes:

 

 

 

Edited by Father Kit Cool Gun Garth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Esquire thinks those five are "the worst", their editor's obviously don't watch enough.

 

I don't know if this would be the worst but it ranks right up there. Might not even be noticed by a whole lot of the country, but every Floridian should have seen it.

 

NCIS. The Good Wife. Guy kidnapped women and had them hidden off somewhere wearing a wedding gown, and it was just very weird. They discovered he was doing this when they found one of his brides died and mummified in an underground chamber in Virginia. Somehow they suspect that the killer was now at Jacksonville Naval Air Station. So the team flies down to Jacksonville, and they get a rental car. And in several scenes you have a clear view of the license plate on the front of the car.

 

Except that Florida does not have front plates. As far back as I can remember - early 60s - we have never had front plates. But their rental car had a front license plate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Alpo said:

If Esquire thinks those five are "the worst", their editor's obviously don't watch enough.

 

I don't know if this would be the worst but it ranks right up there. Might not even be noticed by a whole lot of the country, but every Floridian should have seen it.

 

NCIS. The Good Wife. Guy kidnapped women and had them hidden off somewhere wearing a wedding gown, and it was just very weird. They discovered he was doing this when they found one of his brides died and mummified in an underground chamber in Virginia. Somehow they suspect that the killer was now at Jacksonville Naval Air Station. So the team flies down to Jacksonville, and they get a rental car. And in several scenes you have a clear view of the license plate on the front of the car.

 

Except that Florida does not have front plates. As far back as I can remember - early 60s - we have never had front plates. But their rental car had a front license plate.

 

Nope, we don't have mountains either but I've seen several movies that were supposed to be in Florida that have mountains in the background.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

 

Nope, we don't have mountains either but I've seen several movies that were supposed to be in Florida that have mountains in the background.

Yeah, 345 ft is the highest natural point in Florida. Space Mountain might be higher.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Still hand Bill said:

Terminator 2 has one of those issues.  1911 has hammer cocked, then down, then cocked.   A small detail that’s missed while shooting. 

 

Maybe it was supposed to be a double action 1911?

 

Anyway, the continuity person now has a new job writing firearms legislation in Canada.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

I remember watching an Eastwood western, in the far background was a vehicle driving down a dirt road, plain as day, cloud of dust and all. 

 

While flipping through the channels yesterday, I came across Jaws and watched it for a little while. When the shark (with 3 barrels connected) is supposedly chasing Quint/Orca, you can plainly see the line behind the boat towing the barrels and it's not just a quick "did I see that" glance either.

 

I don't know if it is a gift or a curse, but I pick up on movie/tv mistakes right off the bat. Many, many movies have gun mistakes and out of place/incorrect objects or things that don't fit with the movie timeline. I try to ignore it but sometimes it's so blatant...it's hard to ignore.

 

Yes, I would fire the continuity "girl" but then if I'm the director/producer/financier...I would watch the "final" cut of the movie several times...just for that purpose. The buck should stop at the top, not at the bottom. 

I am the same. I pick up on all kinds of things like this in shows and movies. My wife and I are watching a series called "Evil" on Paramount+. Several times people have gotten character's names wrong but the show just keeps on going.

 

I also recall seeing the barrel tow line in "Jaws".

 

About a month ago my wife was watching something on Netflix. I happened to see the "hero" brandishing a 1911. A second later he has a Berretta 92 and then it flashes back to him and he has a 1911 again. I asked my wife is she saw that and she told me to back out to the garage. :lol: I don't know what the show was.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

 

Nope, we don't have mountains either but I've seen several movies that were supposed to be in Florida that have mountains in the background.

Gunsmoke, Dodge City Kansas surrounded by mountains because they filmed it in California!:lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Gunsmoke, Dodge City Kansas surrounded by mountains because they filmed it in California!:lol:

Back when you could see them. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Back when you could see them. 

You mean the Pre-Smog era? :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Howdy,

Christmas Vacation had the beautiful Illinois mountains just outside of Chicago.

 

The storm trooper hitting his head just emphasizes his size in my opinion.

 

Ive seen revolvers cocked several times without decock or firing.

In one Bond movie a safety catch was mentioned on a revolver.???

I find it fun to spot errors. But I missed the starbuck cup.

Best

CR

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't even count the number of times that I've seen a 1911 go to slide lock or just plain jam...and keep shooting. At least three Tom Hanks movies, Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan and another where he was a hit man...don't remember the name of the movie. That's just to name a few.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.