SASS Wire Forum

Cannon Fire for Pat

On the Waterloo thread, Pat was hoping to see some cannon fire.  So-o-o-o...

I posted some videos about three years ago of me firing my muzzle loading cannon.  

I'll post three of them again for your viewing.  

Each video shows the cannon firing in real time and slow motion.

WARNING: The videos contain graphic violence and baby carrot gore.

1 of 3

This is the cannon firing ball into three ranks of enemy baby carrot soldiers.

2 of 3

This is the cannon firing a version of canister into two ranks of enemy baby carrot soldiers.  The cannon is loaded with #12 shot taken from a .22 Long Rifle shot cartridge.

3 of 3

This is the cannon firing canister over ball into enemy baby carrot cavalry.  The cannon is load with #12 shot over a BB cannon ball. 

Captain Mercer of the British Royal Horse Artillery in his memoir of the Waterloo campaign described his 9-pounders firing canister over ball into the charging French cavalry at the Battle of Waterloo.  He said the canister fell the front rank of the enemy cavalry and the ball carried confusion into the ranks behind.

Yahoooooo!!! Cannon fire!

Thanks Birdgun. :D

I love the shot line in the box in video #2. You can see where the shot that didn’t hit the carrots hit the target in a perfect line just over the dreaded orange horde. 

Just now, Calamity Kris said:

Boy someone has some serious money if they are using food for cannon fodder.

Oh no, ma’am. Those carrots where in rebellion.  I now keep the cannon loaded and in the kitchen just for revolting vegetables.  Home defense must be taken very seriously.  -_-

58 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yahoooooo!!! Cannon fire!

Thanks Birdgun. :D

I love the shot line in the box in video #2. You can see where the shot that didn’t hit the carrots hit the target in a perfect line just over the dreaded orange horde. 

Did you notice the blob of carrot brain matter, stuck to the target in video number one? Just below the red dot.

Archived