SASS Wire Forum

Gun tuning recommendations

Mezcal Charlie

I’ve got someOld Model Vaqueros I’ve picked up over time and I had a local gunsmith modify/tune one to match an already smoothed tuned and had a free spin cylinder, to match. Also had him install SBH hammers in them and another pair. 

What I found is that confidence to do something and ability to do something don’t always match up. 

So I’m looking for the real McCoy. Can anyone make recommendations for SASS/CAS gunsmiths to make my babies smooth and silky and reliable too?

Preferably in North Fl area or SC Upstate if it happens in the next 45 days. 

Thanks in Advance

I'm going to give you my recommendation for Ruger Tuning in the SouthEast.  Three Cut

433162711_3cut.jpg.f0c88ee87cddd36c62e72d5f62c1ced8.jpg

+1 for Three Cut.  He's a really nice guy and does great work!  I picked up my repaired Uberti from him on Saturday and had to stand in "line" as many other cowboy shooters were there picking up and dropping off.  I'm a newbie and everyone I shoot with recommended him for any cowboy gunsmithing. 

I've had Ruger six-guns tuned, etc..... by both Lassiter and 3-Cut.

BOTH do above excellent work and both of them are fine fellers to deal with.

Because you are living in the Carolina's,  3-Cut would likely be your closest smith.

Best regards.

..........Widder

Thank you to all of you who provided input. Now I’ll start calling and hopefully will have my guns ready for fall. We’re moving to Jax FL and with all the chaos of selling moving buying and moving in, my next two months plus are a loss anyway for shooting so I’ll make this time productive. 

Jimmy spurs pistols are excellent. 

Ill give you a guy right in Jacksonville, FL. 

Island Gunworks (El Q Jones) a regular on this forum

He did two set of vaqueros for me and I love them.

The first set of vaquero bisleys he tuned and slicked up.

The second set were standard vaqueros that he installed bisley grips, hammers and triggers on and then did a complete cowboy action job.

Both sets have been bulletproof since.

Whats more, he will be right in your neighborhood and you can personally take them back to him any time you need work.

Fast and reasonable.

Runs with Scissors

40 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Jimmy spurs pistols are excellent. 

IMO, although I do not shoot Rugers, some of the finest in full cock NMVs.  Other names mentioned have great reputations but since Sassy has two pair of Jimmy's I can comment on them.  She loves them and they are awesome in smoothness.

9 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

IMO, although I do not shoot Rugers, some of the finest in full cock NMVs.  Other names mentioned have great reputations but since Sassy has two pair of Jimmy's I can comment on them.  She loves them and they are awesome in smoothness.

Mine are slicker than snot on a door knob! 

Archived