SASS Wire Forum

Ww2 tanker movies on Amazon

There are two that I know of; T-34, and White Tiger. Well,come to think of it I remember others but I’m not sure they were on Amazon.

White Tiger.  On Amazon it apparently did not have subtitles, I had seen it twice before on Aeroflot fights to/from Moscow with subtitles so I did not try to find subtitles. It is, as I recall, the story of a Russian tanker who goes through many battles, where a German white Tiger tank suddenly shows up and destroys the rest of his company’s tanks. 

T-34.  There are Russians in a POW camp. Four tankers are working in a machine shop when a captured T-34 is brought in. The movie is entirely in German and Russian but there are subtitles throughout.

The tankers are tasked with making the captured T-34 run.  The German commander wants to use it for target practice.  The POWs conspire to use it to escape.

Get “cross of Iron”. It is a WWII movie about Russians and Germans. Sam Peckinpah directed it. He directed the “Wild Bunch”. The movie is good and stars James Coburn, James Mason, and Macmillan Schell. 

On 2/21/2022 at 7:57 AM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

There are two that I know of; T-34, and White Tiger. Well,come to think of it I remember others but I’m not sure they were on Amazon.

White Tiger.  On Amazon it apparently did not have subtitles, I had seen it twice before on Aeroflot fights to/from Moscow with subtitles so I did not try to find subtitles. It is, as I recall, the story of a Russian tanker who goes through many battles, where a German white Tiger tank suddenly shows up and destroys the rest of his company’s tanks. 

T-34.  There are Russians in a POW camp. Four tankers are working in a machine shop when a captured T-34 is brought in. The movie is entirely in German and Russian but there are subtitles throughout.

The tankers are tasked with making the captured T-34 run.  The German commander wants to use it for target practice.  The POWs conspire to use it to escape.

T-34 the Directors Cut has English sub titles.

Very good movie with good special effects. Thanks for the recommendation.

Another "tank" movie is The Beast. It's about a Soviet tank/crew in Afghanistan that gets lost and is hunted by the Mujahadeen. It's been a while since I saw it, so it may not be on a streaming service.

6 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Another "tank" movie is The Beast. It's about a Soviet tank/crew in Afghanistan that gets lost and is hunted by the Mujahadeen. It's been a while since I saw it, so it may not be on a streaming service.

I got this one on VHS.

Archived