SASS Wire Forum

My Name is Nobody

Whiskey Hicks

So I first caught Ace High with Terrence Hill and the big guy he’s always with. I enjoyed it as a fun little Western caper oddly enough.

I saw he has a few Spaghetti Westerns on Amazon Prime. Next I checked out My Name is Nobody with him and Henry Fonda. It’s absolutely absurd. Though now I know where the famous slapping, pistol whirling scene in the bar is from.

Henry Fonda and Westerns was not a good mix, in my opinion. 

When I was in the Navy we had those two flicks aboard ship to watch on SITE TV (ship’s internal television... something). I think there was another one as well. Anyway, they are amusing once. Not numerous times. :blink:

2 minutes ago, Turkey Flats Jack said:

My name is Trinity and my name is still Trinity are a couple more of his. I enjoyed them but yeah not ones I'd watch over and over on a regular basis. 

Those were the others we had. Thanks. 

They were all eventually traded to another ship for some other movies. 

Just now, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

They were all eventually traded to another ship for some other movies. 

We had 2 channels that had 2 movies that ran back to back on both channels and they'd change the movies every 30 days when I was stuck in the Marine berthing area. I don't miss those days lol

3 hours ago, Turkey Flats Jack said:

We had 2 channels that had 2 movies that ran back to back on both channels and they'd change the movies every 30 days when I was stuck in the Marine berthing area. I don't miss those days lol

We only had the one channel and it was only up starting at ship's knock off until Taps.

The guy that ran SITE TV was a moody American Indian fellow that seemed to hate everyone on the ship. If  people complained about his selections for us he would play movies like "The Sound of Music" or some other lame***ed movie just to tick people off. Then one day there was a blanket party....

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

We only had the one channel and it was only up starting at ship's knock off until Taps.

The guy that ran SITE TV was a moody American Indian fellow that seemed to hate everyone on the ship. If  people complained about his selections for us he would play movies like "The Sound of Music" or some other lame***ed movie just to tick people off. Then one day there was a blanket party....

Hey, I liked the Sound of Music.  The plot line was a bit thin, based on "a real story".  The music was fun and at that age, I though Angela Cartwright was hot.

13 minutes ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

Hey, I liked the Sound of Music.  The plot line was a bit thin, based on "a real story".  The music was fun and at that age, I though Angela Cartwright was hot.

You may not like back to back showings all day Saturday and Sunday... 

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I think he now works for one of the networks. Got a promotion when he suggested playing Dirty Dancing all day Christmas day on one network and A Christmas Story all day on another.

I don't care what the movies is, playing it continuously for 24 hours is just plain dumb.

10 minutes ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

Climb every mountain.  Ford every stream. 

Follow every rainbow. Until you find your dream.

Get that brain worm out. :P

That was mean, evil, twisted and cruel...

Wish I would have thought of it!

reminds me of dustin hoffman in little big man , as a social statement it was effective but as a spoof it was quite funny , the other i often think back on was blazing saddles , that was funny 

My Name is Nobody is my favorite Western, Tombstone is second.

I know, blasphemy.

They Call me Trinity, and, Trinity is Still my Name are the other two movies, not as good, but still entertaining.

On my last boat ride the guy in charge of the movies had a thing for Chuck Norris, every fricken' night.  I haven't watched a Chuck Norris movie since 1987.

1 hour ago, Howlin Mad Murdock SASS #4037 said:

My Name is Nobody is my favorite Western, Tombstone is second.

I know, blasphemy.

They Call me Trinity, and, Trinity is Still my Name are the other two movies, not as good, but still entertaining.

On my last boat ride the guy in charge of the movies had a thing for Chuck Norris, every fricken' night.  I haven't watched a Chuck Norris movie since 1987.

We’ll all pitch in and send you the Walker Blu Ray box set.

Archived