SASS Wire Forum

Pat Riot Countdown!

14 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

image.png.984449356b522903b8a9be6a8a76a626.png DAYS

What railroad is that?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember to change your cell phone number as well Pat!

I didn't and people knew my personal number and would use it when the other didn't work!

Nothing like an "Emergency" calls in the wee hours of the morning from someone who didn't realize you were now retired!

retired-number-card-4.jpg

OK so if you get bored in retirement are you really supposed to go back to work? Oh, heck, no.  So just be short and look forward to retirement. If you have done it right you will have too much to do to get bored.

Imis

3 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Remember to change your cell phone number as well Pat!

I didn't and people knew my personal number and would use it when the other didn't work!

Nothing like an "Emergency" calls in the wee hours of the morning from someone who didn't realize you were now retired!

retired-number-card-4.jpg

That is first on my agenda. 
When I left this very same job in 2005 and moved to North Carolina I kept getting calls from LA nearly every week asking me dumb*** questions about all manner of things. 
The final straw was when a call came in from Labor Relations. They were in an arbitration hearing and wanted me to drop everything and testify on the phone regarding whether or not to terminate a guy that worked for me for years as a very good employee, but he dozed off on the job one night and they wanted to terminate him for that. 
It really ticked me off. They never called ahead and if they had I would have told them I would side with my old employee. He was a good man. 
So, I asked if I was on speaker. They said “Yes” then rattled off everyone present in the room. 
I proceeded to expound on what a great guy Andre was, how I would never consider firing him for making one little mistake. Then I said “Andre, if they terminate you have your attorney contact me at (I gave him my office number) and I will testify on your behalf. You all have a nice day!” And I hung up. 
That was on a Friday. On Saturday morning I had a new cell number. 
Andre kept his job. Hahaha…

Today was my wife's last Friday before retirement. She is getting excited.

This is one thing I've discovered about retirement Pat:

27f5d54333f7063d268cc9a36131ae25.jpg

12 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

image.png.43b6bff67c02be79040183802e66fb68.png DAYS

YESS! I have been waiting for this one!

Archived