SASS Wire Forum

Stolen Cowboy Guns in Louisiana (If Allowed)

Be on the look out for these stolen cowboy guns. If this type of post is not allowed here please feel free to delete or place where is allowed. 

Seen this posted locally in Louisiana and thought I would share here just in case some of these cowboy guns make their way here. 

See photo for guns and serial numbers

Stolen.jpg

Sorry for your situation. Did you have insurance thru the NRA?  ( it only costs 1.7 % of the value )  If you never recover . . and they are never caught . . rest easy with the knowledge that the Perps will rot in HELL.    :excl:

7 minutes ago, Wolfgang, SASS #53480 said:

Did you have insurance thru the NRA?

It's not Rube Burrows whose guns were stolen, it's Buckskin Billy.

Having the make, model, caliber and serial number recorded is important.  That is what the police need to enter into NCIC.  Pawn shops all over the country turn in their gun purchases to be run against the NCIC database.  This is also the database that police officers use when they run across a firearm during the course of doing business.  I hope he finds his guns.

16 minutes ago, Wolfgang, SASS #53480 said:

Sorry for your situation. Did you have insurance thru the NRA?  ( it only costs 1.7 % of the value )  If you never recover . . and they are never caught . . rest easy with the knowledge that the Perps will rot in HELL.    :excl:

Not my guns thankfully. Just seen this posted on a local Louisiana group and wanted to share here since lots of cowboy guns are bought and sold through here. 

47 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Having the make, model, caliber and serial number recorded is important.  That is what the police need to enter into NCIC.  Pawn shops all over the country turn in their gun purchases to be run against the NCIC database.  This is also the database that police officers use when they run across a firearm during the course of doing business.  I hope he finds his guns.

One of our shooters here got a call from the cops last week, they recovered at a pawn shop a Colt Gold Cup 1911 that was stolen from his vehicle 4 years ago.  4 people had owned it since it was stolen; they traced it back to a coworker of his (who had died of cancer a year after the theft).  Point being, be sure you have those s/n recorded!

About thirty years ago, I had a .44 mag Interarms Virginian Dragoon stolen out of my locked car at work here in Helena one weekend. It was recovered six weeks later when a couple tried to sell it to a pawn shop in Denver. I got it back, complete with the holster & belt that were with it, but minus 25 rounds of .44's that were in the belt loops. I still have it.

I would also like to ad: keep a record of the BILL OF SALE.

I had firearms stolen while I was overseas, and they were recovered years later and the Gun Friendly state of Utah police policy is a BILL OF SALE must be produced to prove OWNERSHIP.  ATF-4473 does NOT count for ownership, only a record of transfer! 

1 hour ago, Willy D said:

I had firearms stolen while I was overseas, and they were recovered years later and the Gun Friendly state of Utah police policy is a BILL OF SALE must be produced to prove OWNERSHIP.  ATF-4473 does NOT count for ownership, only a record of transfer! 

And take high quality pictures!

If you havent', you might put this on the ShilohRifleForum.com;   Cast Boolits; Shooters Forum; CASCITy; GunBoards; and ASSRA.

Scumbags  Period !

6 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Having the make, model, caliber and serial number recorded is important.  That is what the police need to enter into NCIC.  Pawn shops all over the country turn in their gun purchases to be run against the NCIC database.  This is also the database that police officers use when they run across a firearm during the course of doing business. 

Bob - are you telling me "NOT" to file off those numbers.....I mean "polish them" away.  (Joke - sorry not sorry)

My friend Theodore J. Kaczynski suggested it.

24 minutes ago, T-Square said:

Bob - are you telling me "NOT" to file off those numbers.....I mean "polish them" away.  (Joke - sorry not sorry)

My friend Theodore J. Kaczynski suggested it.

No, go right ahead. BTW - what's your address and when will you be away for awhile?:ph34r:

6 hours ago, Willy D said:

Someone needs to test this in Court. What a stupid POLICY (not a law) sounds like a way to steal from the public.  How would I have the make model and serial number and turn the gun in as stolen if it did not belong to me. I know it could be possible but not likely.  I am sure I have a bill of sale for the rifle I my Grandmother gave me in 1966.

Getting your stolen/recovered guns back from some police departments can be a challenge.  You just have to make a stink and file complaints.  Some property room personnel seem to have a personal agenda.

T Square, I'd recommend you grind off the factory serial numbers and restamp them with your own numbers.  Be sure to take them by the closest ATF office and show them your work.:ph34r:

Archived