SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacherman

Does anybody short stroke a Winchester, Miroku, '73/'66?

Hi, Does anybody short stroke a Winchester, Miroku, '73/'66? I know that some of our go to short stroke parts folks don't offer anything to work with. Thanks, Preacherman

Cowboy Carty

Pioneer offered parts at one time but I understand they have quit.  The factory Miroku is already somewhat short stroke. 

I bought a 73 with Pioneer short stroke kit and took it out and replaced factory parts. 

So, what are you saying? That the factory parts are better than the Pioneer short stroke kit was and that you changed it back? 

7 minutes ago, Preacherman said:

So, what are you saying? That the factory parts are better than the Pioneer short stroke kit was and that you changed it back? 

Yes,  in my case.

59c7d3cebe8a5_Winchester73leverthrowAug2017.jpg.c32aa24d98090c7ecd13ffd6c37a0a33.jpg

Fsctory vs Pioneer short stroke below. 

Cody will do a Cody-Matic short stroke. I talked to him the other day. There's no difference in how he does the Uberti or Winchester because it's a cut and weld job.

They look almost the same. How much difference is there and what Gen is the Pioneer? Thanks

Pioneer Short Stroke kits don't have "Generations."  Generations applies to Cowboys and Indian SS Kits.  Pioneer only offers "Standard' and "Super Short"

Carty did the two 73's I have.  They are the shortest stroke allowed by SASS and they are nice!

Totes

2 hours ago, Preacherman said:

They look almost the same. How much difference is there and what Gen is the Pioneer? Thanks

Man's got to know his limitations.  I'm a 60 second stage shooter.  What de'hell is a few degrees of lever travel going to help my times?  

3 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Man's got to know his limitations.  I'm a 60 second stage shooter.  What de'hell is a few degrees of lever travel going to help my times?  

But that one tenth of a second shorter stroke could put you into the 59 second category.

I think we need a new category.  Call it the Minute Man category. Winner is the person whose average stage time for the match is closest to 1 minute. :)  

Just now, Sedalia Dave said:

I think we need a new category.  Call it the Minute Man category. Winner is the person whose average stage time for the match is closest to 1 minute. :)  

Count me IN!

Although I may have to speed up occasionally.

If we had a Minuteman category I could shoot Josey Wales style full time.

Imis

Boomstick (Jason Widmer) is another gunsmith that short strokes Mirokus.  As others have said a short stoke by itself won't make you a top shooter but it will make you faster than you were before.   If you really don't care about time I would not bother changing out the stock Miroku links.  Unlike the Uberti, the Mirokus really are very nice right out of the box and will serve most shooters very well without any modifications. 

I got what I need and kinda gave up on this as I had stumbled into a good deal on a '66 that didn't work out. Thanks all for your help and ideas. Preacherman

Just a footnote.  If you want a good workout,  shoot an original Winchester 1873 with original springs and linkage.  :rolleyes:

I know, I tried that, but I'm too weak!!! That's why I need all the help that I can get, :lol: :rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.