SASS Wire Forum

Ruger Wranglers

Rooster Ron Wayne

I would recommend not teaching anyone the load one, skip one, lower the hammer and blow a hole in the loading table technique. Seen it too many times.

I have loaded that way for 40 years now .

Tought both my Sons to load that way.

I have never had a round go off yet.

You guys must be doing it wrong .

Just Sayin. 

Rooster 

I would recommend not teaching anyone the load one, skip one, lower the hammer and blow a hole in the loading table technique. Seen it too many times.

Have you seen that happen at a SASS match?
Were the shooters
MDQ'd for "Any discharge at the loading or unloading areas." ?

Have you seen that happen at a SASS match?
Were the shooters
MDQ'd for "Any discharge at the loading or unloading areas." ?

Yes, several times.

Yes, they went to "D"airy "Q"ueen. 

Makes me nervous everytime I see someone load using the "load one skip one method."

Yes, several times.

Yes, they went to "D"airy "Q"ueen. 

Makes me nervous everytime I see someone load using the "load one skip one method."

How ? 

If you do it  PROPERLY 

you  CAN NOT  Get a live round under the hammer  ! 

=[ have loaded that way for 40 years now .

Tought both my Sons to load that way.

I have never had a round go off yet.

You guys must be doing it wrong .

Just Sayin. 

Rooster 

It's not the experienced guys doing it wrong. It's someone new that thinks they know how to do it and "Bang." Not many new shooters any more, haven't seen it for a few years. Whenever we have an AD at our range I write the date and shooters name under the table as a reminder to all.

It's not the experienced guys doing it wrong. It's someone new that thinks they know how to do it and "Bang." Not many new shooters any more, haven't seen it for a few years. Whenever we have an AD at our range I write the date and shooters name under the table as a reminder to all.

So are we no longer talking about Ruger Wranglers?

You can not load them at half cock. The gate controls the loading. If the gate is open you can not move the Hammer.

Why do you check for high primers by spinning the cylinder on a rim fire gun?

Load five and shut the gate. Turn it counter clock wise slightly till the cylinder locks. (Otherwise you can't cock the hammer).

I have used the load one, skip one method for many, many decades. I have never had a problem. In fact, I cannot imagine what could possibly go wrong with that method. :wacko:

If talking about a Ruger with a transfer bar which I assume the wrangler is like all other current production Rugers.   As pointed out above, the hammer is never touched when loading or unloading. You open the loading gate to release the cylinder, load and close the loading gate.  Hammer never moves.   You can even load 6 as it has a transfer bar.   Won’t go off unless you cock and pull the trigger.  This isn’t a 3 screw or a colt clone, there is no half cock.  Only hammer down or cocked. 

Good point and well taken .

This post was about the Ruger Wrangler.

And yes they have a free spin Cylinder. 

And yes they have the tried and true Transfer bar system .

:D

Just a update on the

cutting of the springs .

Took the Wranglers out shooting today and they run great .

Feel just like a single six in the hand . 

No need to buy springs .

Just cut off six (6) rings like I did and leave off One leg on the trigger spring,  Wow you got a great feeling and shooting Single Six (Wrangler) for 200.00 or less 

Assassin's method is the only one that works well for most .22s. It's too hard to see with most .22s whether the chamber under the hammer is empty.

Assassin's method is the only one that works well for most .22s. It's too hard to see with most .22s whether the chamber under the hammer is empty.

Maybe if your using your .22 for SASS.

Most of us just use .22's for plinking .

And the John Wayne load has never failed me.

Just Sayin. 

Rooster 

Saw Wranglers for 189.00 and 199.00 today. Going to get me a couple. 

I'm 100% happy with mine .

They should be great sellers for Ruger .

And they will start going up in price at some point .

Now is the time to jump on them .

My Grandsons will grow up shooting some nice American made  Ruger Wranglers with some Nice Amerircan made Henry Rifles.

I have plinked and shot muskrats at the dam of our trout pond using a 9 shot High Standard .22 Sentinel with a 2-1/2" barrel since I was a boy. My maternal grandfather paid me 5 cents for every one I shot. Muskrats only have their head out with a vee behind them. A nickel was a lot of dough then so I got pretty good. Now, I use a S&W kit gun for plinking. The High Standard is my backup.

I use the Rugers for kids that come to the ranges and, of course, for my grandchildren. If a kid comes to a range, if their parents agree, I let them use the .22 revolvers and carbine along with a hammered .410 double. I carefully supervise their loading. I believe that it's important to get kids shooting safely as young as possible. I started my sons, Silly Billy 55550L and Dirty Dog Dave 55551L at 6. I taught them to load their revolvers using the method that works best for the model in use.

Thatnk you Mud Marine .

We need to teach the young kids how to shoot .

And that the gun is Not Evil.

Man is Evil .

But the gun is only as good or bad as the man holding it ! 

seems i can find these - at gunshows here as well as the heritage arms that fall in the same category , im not sure how that bypasses the law but apparently it does so i guess i can find what i want - when i find a matched pair that please me , ill most likely grab them up , 

seems i can find these - at gunshows here as well as the heritage arms that fall in the same category , im not sure how that bypasses the law but apparently it does so i guess i can find what i want - when i find a matched pair that please me , ill most likely grab them up , 

It took me a couple of months to find the ones I got .

I could find one every once in a while. 

But they never had two .

At the brick and mortar stores .

You could find them online all over the place .

I just happened to be at the gun show and a dealer had 6 of them .

I asked for two consecutive if he had them. 

I got two about 20 numbers apart .

I think once Ruger starts getting  cought up on back orders .

You will start seeing them everywhere. 

Rooster 

Archived