SASS Wire Forum

Summer job

Dirty Dan Dawkins

I need some help or advice, next Summer I want to ship the oldest out to Alaska, out west, anywhere to work at a fish or hunting camp outfitter park service, dude ranch, blazing trails for the forest service, anything to get his soon to be 17 y/o a$$ outta here for 2-3 months before he starts his senior year. It needs to provide food and lodging. I’ll see that he gets there and back. He has eagerly accepted my recommendation. Any advice, job leads, suggestions welcome.

Contact Sarah Palin, her husband is a commercial fisherman. It's worth a shot!! I think she's a great lady!:wub:

US Forest Service hires summer help.  Should be able to search USA Jobs, or call the local USDA Forest Service office in the area of interest.

Eaton’s Guest Ranch near Sheridan, Wyoming hires many workers like your son every year. Back in the 70’s I did a lot of maintenance and painting on the ranch buildings and met lots of kids like yours.

Do not put him on a fishing boat or cannery.  I know a couple of people that worked those jobs and both stated that it was way more dangerous and a lot harder than the TV shows make it out to be.

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Do not put him on a fishing boat or cannery.  I know a couple of people that worked those jobs and both stated that it was way more dangerous and a lot harder than the TV shows make it out to be.

Doh! 

I read your post and kept thinking “What the hell is a fishing canary?”

I was in the process of looking it up when something told me to back and look at what you said.

Ol’ dopey me....:blink:

Archived