SASS Wire Forum

California State Cowboy Action Shooting Championship Match

Here are Stages 1 - 6 of the California State Cowboy Action Shooting Championship Match (plus a look at the shooter’s packet and a shout out to Mernickle Holsters).

Of course you were at the California state match the one year I couldn’t make it. Very fun shoot there. I like your other videos too, especially the master gunfighter stage. That’s my all time favorite stage. Where else do you get to shoot that many different guns at once, half of them usually just collecting dust in the safe? 

6 hours ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

Of course you were at the California state match the one year I couldn’t make it. Very fun shoot there. I like your other videos too, especially the master gunfighter stage. That’s my all time favorite stage. Where else do you get to shoot that many different guns at once, half of them usually just collecting dust in the safe? 

I’m still smilin’ from that Side Match!!  What a great time.  As for where else you can do somethin’ similar... have you ever shot True Grit in Roseburg, Oregon?  

3 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

*Thanks for sharing. 

You’re welcome!  

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

Way cool... thanks for the great video.
Diamond Dick's is about 45 minutes from us.

Glad ya enjoyed it.  

2 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

As always-Great video:excl:

SASS, HQ should hire you for marketing this sport.

Respectfully,

OLG

Can’t tell ya how many times I’ve suggested this or it has been suggested by others...  But you know the sayin’ about free milk and a cow, right?  

5 minutes ago, Jed I. Knight, SASS #36423 said:

Can’t tell ya how many times I’ve suggested this or it has been suggested by others...  But you know the sayin’ about free milk and a cow, right?  

Do know about leading a horse to water..........:lol:

SASS will come to regret their lack of action, in not having any sort of a marketing plan........

OLG

1 hour ago, Jed I. Knight, SASS #36423 said:

I’m still smilin’ from that Side Match!!  What a great time.  As for where else you can do somethin’ similar... have you ever shot True Grit in Roseburg, Oregon?  

You’re welcome!  

Glad ya enjoyed it.  

I have not shot there before, but I’m familiar with the area having grown up not too far from there. Next time I visit my folks, I’ll be sure to swing by. Or maybe next time there’s that shoot, I’ll use visiting my folks as an excuse

Last I heard they have dropped being the SASS California State Championship. This was their last time.

2 hours ago, Snakebite said:

Last I heard they have dropped being the SASS California State Championship. This was their last time.

It's my understanding that Diamond Dick's will go back to the Arroyo Cantua shoot, which should include Master Gunfighter. Dates haven't been set, but it's in the works to the best of my knowledge.

3 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

I enjoyed the video. Where's Part II?

Imis

Howdy Imis,

Part II will be posted to my YouTube channel on Friday May 31 (I post every Friday).  

15 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Do know about leading a horse to water..........:lol:

SASS will come to regret their lack of action, in not having any sort of a marketing plan........

OLG

Well, in all fairness they are working on Marketing and they do try to stay active on Social Media.  And, Misty has, in the past, worked with me on some Social Media projects.  We’ll see what the future holds... ;)

14 hours ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I have not shot there before, but I’m familiar with the area having grown up not too far from there. Next time I visit my folks, I’ll be sure to swing by. Or maybe next time there’s that shoot, I’ll use visiting my folks as an excuse

This is one of my episodes from 3 years ago (not quite as polished as what I produce now, but still tells a good story and shows some great True Grit shootin’)

3 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Always cool vids to watch..thanks Jed

You’re welcome!  Glad you enjoyed it!!

5 minutes ago, Tully Mars said:

Great videos Jed I !!

Howdy Tully!  

Thanks!  I got you in the next episode!  

Plus a GREAT shootout between Jokers Wild and I :excl:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 6:09 AM, Tully Mars said:
  • Great video Jed I Knight! Somehow I missed the shoot off between you and Jokers Wild at the awards ceremony.

:D

Glad Miss Harley jumped up and captured it!!  

Archived