SASS Wire Forum

Cimmarron 1862 in 380acp legal as main revolver

LostVaquero

I feel about 90% on the Uberti '62 having pins between the chambers BUT not 100%.  I did have a pair of these at one time but never used them in a match BUT did use them a couple or few times in the woods.  Been many years ago and my memory is only rated for a few days lately.  

8 hours ago, Slowhand Bob, 24229 said:

I feel about 90% on the Uberti '62 having pins between the chambers BUT not 100%.  I did have a pair of these at one time but never used them in a match BUT did use them a couple or few times in the woods.  Been many years ago and my memory is only rated for a few days lately.  

Even if the '62 has rest pins on the cylinder, those wouldn't work on a hammer with a firing pin on the nose.  

I'm shooting Comancheria Days this weekend and Shootin' Steel from Cimarron is on my Posse.  I'll ask him if he knows any other details about this gun.

1 hour ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Even if the '62 has rest pins on the cylinder, those wouldn't work on a hammer with a firing pin on the nose.  

I'm shooting Comancheria Days this weekend and Shootin' Steel from Cimarron is on my Posse.  I'll ask him if he knows any other details about this gun.

Thanks.  I am hoping.  Always loved open tops and these seem just so sweet.

On 4/11/2019 at 10:10 PM, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

...I'm shooting Comancheria Days this weekend and Shootin' Steel from Cimarron is on my Posse.  I'll ask him if he knows any other details about this gun.

Well, sorry for a lack of info, but he told me he "thinks" it is going to be a 4-shooter with hammer on empty, but he is not sure.  But technically, you could still shoot it in a pocket pistol side match and load one on the clock.  :)  It would be about as competitive as a Spencer shooter in main match.

Perhaps an email to Mike Harvey might answer it?

FWIW...The ROC is currently discussing this as well.
The more information available the better.

Five-shot pocket pistols are usually loaded at the shooting location, so there is should be no issue loading all five chambers for that sidematch.

More info forthcoming from this quarter when we reach a consensus.

1 hour ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

FWIW...The ROC is currently discussing this as well.
The more information available the better.

Five-shot pocket pistols are usually loaded at the shooting location, so there is should be no issue loading all five chambers for that sidematch.

More info forthcoming from this quarter when we reach a consensus.

Do you have an actual gun in hand to examine?  

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

Do you have an actual gun in hand to examine?  

No.

Initial discussion was based on Cimarron's January 2019 press release regarding ATF-mandated modifications.

57 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

No.

Initial discussion was based on Cimarron's January 2019 press release regarding ATF-mandated modifications.

I don't see any mention of them on their web site or any out on the market.  May be much to do about nothing.  

• 3 months later...
On 4/13/2019 at 3:19 AM, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

No.

PWB, has there been a determination whether this revolver, which according to Cimarron comes with a six inch barrel, is a legal main match revolver?  A shooter in my home club asked me about it yesterday.

From the limited information available online the revolver has a five chambered cylinder with no safety slots so at best it looks like the shooter could only load four rounds at the LT.  That seems to put it out of the running as a practical matter but the question remains whether it is legal.

No loading gate and no ejector assembly so it may also not satisfy the requirement of being a replica of an actual revolver.

4 hours ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

Why reload on the clock?  As someone noted above the seven shooter Nagant is legal so just pair one this 62 and, Voila, six plus four equals ten :)

Seamus

That won't work.   I once asked if I could pair my Nagant with 6 with another pistol with four.  I was grinned at and politely told no.

Archived