SASS Wire Forum

Just a Dog

So as not to hijack the "So God Made A Dog" thread, I offer up one of my favorite Baxter Black poems. I had a dog like that a number of years ago, and I still miss that dog and I still choke up when I hear Baxter's description...

I'm looking at Sammy,  my Beagle mix right now. 1She is 14 years old. Too stiff and old to follow me now. Still turns into a puppy at chow time though. 

Our ten year old dachsy is basically a blimp after getting spayed after her sister died. She's always had problems with her rear legs not being very strong( no verticle). She's not doing steps anymore, have to carry her up and down. Not very energetic unless somebody comes to the door or at dinner time. Sometimes wonder how long she's gonna last:blush:

I've lost so many,  But I don't seem to learn my lesson and always go for another pup.  I sure hope there is a rainbow bridge and that they all gang up on me when it's my time.  I can think of no better heaven.

That is, assuming that they send me to heaven and not to that other place.

Seen it before. Can’t watch it again. :(

29 minutes ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

I've lost so many,  But I don't seem to learn my lesson and always go for another pup.  

I can't bring myself to get another pup, I do so much traveling it wouldn't be fair to the dog. So if I need my dog fix I go hang out with my wife's Aussie and her Border Collie. They live on another part of the ranch (not my wife, the dogs)...

15 hours ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

I've lost so many,  But I don't seem to learn my lesson and always go for another pup.  I sure hope there is a rainbow bridge and that they all gang up on me when it's my time.  I can think of no better heaven.

That is, assuming that they send me to heaven and not to that other place.

I figure the Rainbow Bridge goes either way. We're going to get mauled either way.

14 minutes ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

Oh, Lord, not really very encouraging, is it?

It's kinda encouraging to me, It will surely be heaven to see all my critters again.:wub:.

Archived