SASS Wire Forum

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs

J-BAR #18287

I’m about 10 minutes into this Joel and Ethan Coen western on Netflix...I feel like a deer caught in the headlights, don’t know whether to run or sit still and watch!

Anyone else seen it? Opinions?

:o

Watched it last night. I enjoyed some of the story line, but was overall disappointed with the film. Some funny moments, but mostly it was weird. The best part for me was the old prospector looking for the gold.

9 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I’m about 10 minutes into this Joel and Ethan Coen western on Netflix...I feel like a deer caught in the headlights, don’t know whether to run or sit still and watch!

Anyone else seen it? Opinions?

:o

I enjoyed the whole thing. I was struck by how realistic everything seemed. The acting is superb, the costumes were perfect and the story lines, while somewhat unorthodox ( OK, weird) were very inventive and clever. I was also struck by the difference in the quality of acting as opposed to the typical American movie. There are virtually NO America actors, or actresses, who can make a role real; they are mostly superficial and unbelievable in their roles. I say that to point out, again, the quality of the acting in this series of sketches. I recommend it.

Ornery Cuss

Archived