Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

glitch

Recommended Posts

glitch!! oops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since questions were asked beforehand and the wrong info given, reshoot.  If questions were asked on the clock and the wrong info was given, then the shooter earned the penalties. 

 

Maybe, if they were the first posse you could change the instructions, but probably not gunna do that at a state match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the difference between wrong info given before the stage starts and "improper coaching" mid-stage"??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this was a glitch!! thot it disappeared and then started a new post with the Earp thing

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up close and Personal, I prefer to let em have it wid a SHOTGUN!!  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2018 at 2:34 PM, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

What's the difference between wrong info given before the stage starts and "improper coaching" mid-stage"??

 

 

I apologize for the late response.  Once a round goes downrange, the shooter owns the stage.  So it's on them if they waited till the shooting started to get clarification.  If the TO coaches the shooter to shoot the wrong target or move when they shouldn't, they still get a penalty, right?  But if they asked beforehand I don't see how it can be the shooter's failure. 

 

Is that not right?  Looking through the other thread it looks like you agree with giving the reshoot when the shooter is told wrong before the stage.  So am I wrong about what happens if the TO gives improper coaching during the stage? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

 

I apologize for the late response.  Once a round goes downrange, the shooter owns the stage.  So it's on them if they waited till the shooting started to get clarification.  If the TO coaches the shooter to shoot the wrong target or move when they shouldn't, they still get a penalty, right?  But if they asked beforehand I don't see how it can be the shooter's failure. 

 

Is that not right?  Looking through the other thread it looks like you agree with giving the reshoot when the shooter is told wrong before the stage.  So am I wrong about what happens if the TO gives improper coaching during the stage? 

 

That is not correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

 

I apologize for the late response.  Once a round goes downrange, the shooter owns the stage.  So it's on them if they waited till the shooting started to get clarification.  If the TO coaches the shooter to shoot the wrong target or move when they shouldn't, they still get a penalty, right?  But if they asked beforehand I don't see how it can be the shooter's failure. 

 

Is that not right?  Looking through the other thread it looks like you agree with giving the reshoot when the shooter is told wrong before the stage.  So am I wrong about what happens if the TO gives improper coaching during the stage? 

 

Yes and no.

 

If the TO tells the shooter to shoot a specific target and that info is wrong, shooter gets a reshoot.

 

Phantom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Glitch" would make a great alias, I wonder if anyone snagged it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Grizzly Dave said:

"Glitch" would make a great alias, I wonder if anyone snagged it yet.

 

https://www.sassnet.com/AliasLookupResults.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A glitch can land you in the Gultch.

 

You know....

 

She's the flower of Gower Gultch

A cow puncher's sweetheart too.

And her looks don't amount to much

Cuz one of her eyes is blue

She's got skin just like prairie dog leather

She eats nuthin' but chuckwagon stew

And her name is Minerva Multch

She's the flower of Glower Gultch!

 

Course, plain text does not do justice to the wonderful way this song was sung by the immortal crooner...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PORKY PIG!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2018 at 1:45 PM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Yes and no.

 

If the TO tells the shooter to shoot a specific target and that info is wrong, shooter gets a reshoot.

 

Phantom

 

OK so I guess I'm just thinking of the instances where a TO tells the shooter to move after they've cocked the weapon.  Shooter still gets that penalty.  I always thought that applied to all penalties. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walter Brennan was Nadine Groot in Red River.  That alias is probably still available. 

 

I usually benefit from coaching during my turn to shoot.  I noticed on the video of our last match that the TO reminded me of the sequence of shooting the pistol targets.  I paused to say,  "What?", and he repeated the sequence, "Yeah.", then I shoot.  Cost me a couple of seconds because I didn't hear him the first time.   

 

Shooting gunfighter,  I get sometimes good and sometimes bad handgun round count.  I have shot 10 and the TO shouts, "Two more.", as I'm holstering. The quickest way I could think of to resolve the issue was to click,  click to prove they were empty.  One time the TO offered me a reshoot.  I don't take it all that serious and figure coaching benefits more than it cost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

 

OK so I guess I'm just thinking of the instances where a TO tells the shooter to move after they've cocked the weapon.  Shooter still gets that penalty.  I always thought that applied to all penalties. 

Why would it be okay for the TO to tell a shooter to engage a wrong target?

 

Phantom

 

PS: We're shooting firearms... not weapons ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.