SASS Wire Forum

Not Supporting Actors

Pat Riot

8 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

I kinda skipped over all the above.

If you bother to stay at the end of any movie you will see there are a LOT

of folks involved. The STAR is only one of em.

Its a fair bet a whole lot of em are nra members and maybe even SASS members.

So I watch what l like and figure out of my admission the gun hater lead probably

gets about two cents if that.

I just watched a movie, paid 1.75. How much of that did the Rock get? come on.

Best

CR

It’s not my goal or my role in life to support a group of people just because they are good people working on a movie where the star is someone I detest. 

11 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

The last 3 movies I saw in a movie house were the Lord of the Rings movies.  Before those it was Castaway.  My wife went to see them first so she could fully enjoy them.  Then we went together so I could ask her to fill in dialog for me.

Too expensive.  Too uncomfortable.  Most now have the sound track and effects too loud and the dialog too soft.  If it is a western, well, they seem to think that everyone mumbled because, judging from the trailers, that is how everyone talks in newer westerns.  Kinda blame Clint Eastwood and his Spaghetti Westerns for starting that trend.  Tickets are $11 to $14.  Snacks?  Heck, I can buy a decent meal at a medium restaurant for the price of two medium sodas and a large popcorn.

And, as I mentioned above, the chance of head lice.  Those nice, soft, fabric covered seats, school kids who may have them.  No thanks. 

Thank goodness for big screen TVs!

I will not pay to see a movie with Sylvester Stallone in it, as he's one of the worst hypocrites in Hollywood. He has a huge gun collection and allegedly his own private gun range as well, yet he's a vocal advocate for strict gun control. By contrast his younger brother is a breath of fresh air as he's solidly pro-2A, even for us common people. The only Sly Stallone movies I've seen have either been on TV or ones that I somehow saw or acquired for free.

2 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I will not pay to see a movie with Sylvester Stallone in it, as he's one of the worst hypocrites in Hollywood. He has a huge gun collection and allegedly his own private gun range as well, yet he's a vocal advocate for strict gun control. By contrast his younger brother is a breath of fresh air as he's solidly pro-2A, even for us common people. The only Sly Stallone movies I've seen have either been on TV or ones that I somehow saw or acquired for free.

I won't even watch his old movies on TV! I remember when he said on a BBC tv talk show late at night that the USA should ban all guns and go door to door to collect them! 

Remember: these entertainers get “residuals” so every time their show airs they get paid a percentage depending upon how many watch. They also get these residuals from services like Netflix,  Amazon, etc...

Would I be correct in assuming that everyone who will not watch a film with (Name) in it is, when a new movie with (Name) is released, writing to the producer, director, distributor, et alia and letting them know why you won't be watching that particular film?  And that you will be encouraging your friends to not go see it? 

I go out to see a movie no more then once a year. I watch a lot of movies at home. You wouldn't be able to do much in life today if you tried to limit yourself to only things involving people you agree with. As far as entertainment, I too will draw the line with certain people, the latest being Deniro.  

11 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Would I be correct in assuming that everyone who will not watch a film with (Name) in it is, when a new movie with (Name) is released, writing to the producer, director, distributor, et alia and letting them know why you won't be watching that particular film?  And that you will be encouraging your friends to not go see it? 

That's what we should be doing along with the boycotting, you're absolutely correct!:)

15 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I try not to get too wound up about it. If I boycotted everything attached to someone or something that I found offensive, I'd be unable to participate in anything that is daily living.

I spend my evenings watching Forgotten Weapons or Hickok45 on YouTube. Much more entertaining anyway. My life is not diminished just because I no longer watch a bunch of overpaid, anti-gun actors pretending to be badasses on TV or film.

On 9/4/2018 at 6:15 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

Probably not

Even though, kinda not up to childhood standards only thing go to the theater for anymore for is the episodic star wars movies (which will likely stop when all the characters from my childhood are no longer present). Otherwise its just paying to see the same old thing getting remade again at lower quality and more CGI. So not worth the money.

Even though, kinda not up to childhood standards only thing go to the theater for anymore for is the episodic star wars movies (which will likely stop when all the characters from my childhood are no longer present). Otherwise its just paying to see the same old thing getting remade again at lower quality and more CGI. So not worth the money.

Actor Neum Leeson makes all of his movies with Firearms and as a shoot out tough guy .

He said ALL Americans have a responsibility too give up there guns and help make America safer.

This is when I stoped watching anything with him in it .

Rooster 

Archived