SASS Wire Forum

We need a sticky cartoon thread

3 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

441027599_10228970661348910_345049549947964256_n.jpg

Several years ago we had a donut shop get robbed.

Six police cars rolled on the ARMED ROBBERY IN PROGRESS call. Two of them ran into each other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

Loose Parts Comic Strip for May 10, 2024

During my 40+ years of electrical work, I had at least 50 or 60 homeowners claim that a switch (or switches) did nothing. In all cases, but one, this wasn't true. Almost all of the supposedly "dead" switches were in bedrooms and controlled either a 1/2 switched receptacle (top or bottom 1/2), a ceiling fan light (fan installed but no light kit) or exterior flood lights.

In the one case that this was true, the electrician had installed a 2 gang switch box (I guess by mistake during rough-in) but only had one active switch, the other switch had nothing connected to it and no extra wiring in the box that could be connected to it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

During my 40+ years of electrical work, I had at least 50 or 60 homeowners claim that a switch (or switches) did nothing. In all cases, but one, this wasn't true. Almost all of the supposedly "dead" switches were in bedrooms and controlled either a 1/2 switched receptacle (top or bottom 1/2), a ceiling fan light (fan installed but no light kit) or exterior flood lights.

In the one case that this was true, the electrician had installed a 2 gang switch box (I guess by mistake during rough-in) but only had one active switch, the other switch had nothing connected to it and no extra wiring in the box that could be connected to it.

At our parish one time I was going to do some vacuuming in the church - built by volunteers in 1936.  Plugged into the combination receptacle, turned on the vacuum, and the overhead light in the sacristy came on.  Turned off the vacuum and the light went out.  Turned the light on with the switch, turned on the vacuum, and the overhead light went out.  

I just unplugged the vacuum cleaner and used a different outlet.  I described the issue to one of our members who was an electrician and he gave me an odd look.  When he dug unto it he was just shaking his head.  During the remodel he rewired the entire building.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3