SASS Wire Forum

Bottles, I need a drink...

McCandless

Howdy Bottles,

Set 'em up for anybody that'll actually still drink with me...

Oh yeah, I was cleaning a pistol, all screws are tight, grip frame and grips still on, tilt it and hear something hit the desk and fall on the floor.  So, I says "hmmmmmm"

So naturally I go looking for whatever might have fallen.  I look and look, don't see nothin'.  Looks at the pistol, everything looks alright.  But, I know something fell.

So'se there I am on my hands n' knees, butt up in the air, and I find... a pawl plunger??  Naturally I picks up the gun and sho'nuff, pawl won't move much.

I scritch my haid somemore and take off the grips and the plunger spring is still there, but no plunger.  It's haunted I tell ya!  There ain't no way for that sucker to

come out wifout takin' off the grip frame.  So, while I pause to puzzle... I'm buyin'!

:blink:

Bottles line up a couple of absinthe shots for McCandless. Mystery loves company. Can’t think of a better toast to the things that escape us. Cheers and be happy for the wonders in life

I would like to know how on earth ya found a pawl plunger? Doing dang good ta find one of those on the floor. The gremlins must have been asleep at the job. Bottle's I'll have a sasper on that one.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Bottles, I will have a cold whatever you have and get my buddy McCandless a magnet. :D

Perhaps something like this:

I like the one from Harbor Freight:

https://www.harborfreight.com/long-reach-magnetic-pickup-tool-with-quick-release-93950.html

You can pull on the handle to get the magnet to release the part after you've picked it up. I've had times where a really tiny part was stuck to a really strong magnet and I couldn't get it to let go.

3 hours ago, Sparky Nelson said:

I like the one from Harbor Freight:

https://www.harborfreight.com/long-reach-magnetic-pickup-tool-with-quick-release-93950.html

You can pull on the handle to get the magnet to release the part after you've picked it up. I've had times where a really tiny part was stuck to a really strong magnet and I couldn't get it to let go.

I like that one. I need to go to Harbor Freight. Thanks Sparky! :D

Just now, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

PS it is strong enough to pick up scissors. How much pull to you need for tiny gun parts.

More POWER! Ugh, ugh, ugh :D

Archived