SASS Wire Forum

Thank Goodness he's retired!

Former Justice John Paul Stevens retired in 2010.  Not soon enough!

Former Supreme Court Justice wants Second Amendment Repealed

Yeesh...!  :wacko:

1D10T!!!

He is what happens when we fail to elect sensible officials!!

Life appointments for the SCOTUS is a bad idea! Term limits should be set, maybe 10 years??

What does it take to repeal an amendment? 2/3 approval in the House and 2/3 approval in the Senate and 3/4 approval by the all 50 states? Ain't never going to happen in our lifetimes. 

Certainly shows how out of touch with reality even the Supreme Court Justice can be.

13 hours ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

He WASN'T elected! He was appointed.

NO!  He wasn’t elected, but the IDIOTS who nominated him and approved that nomination WERE elected!!  Another example of EXACTLY what I said!!!  How we vote and how many of our like minded compatriots vote WILL make a difference!!!

How do you suppose those two most recent liberal nitwits, Sotomayor and Kagan got to be Supreme Court justices??

He outta sit on his porch and smoke a cigar and enjoy the rest of his life and LEAVE US THE HECK ALONE!!

On 3/28/2018 at 8:56 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Life appointments for the SCOTUS is a bad idea! Term limits should be set, maybe 10 years??

Come on now Rye. Now you're talking about changing the Constitution. Isn't that what we are against. The Bill of Rights are part of the Constitution.

The 2nd Amendment grants us nothing-nada, no rights whatsoever.  It restricts the Government from interfering with our preexisting right to keep and bear arms.  The right precedes the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment.  The language of the Amendment supports this as well  "the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

My position is and shall always be that no act which infringes upon my right is legal, no matter what laws, or amendments are passed.

Archived