SASS Wire Forum

Californiao Laws Amm

Southern Drifter

5 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

Each state Rep has the same vote so population density isn't important but yes each district has about the same population. Rural districts are geographically larger

CA State Assembly Districts:
Image result for california assembly districts map

CA State Senate Districts:

Related image

37 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

OK, let's take a look at the numbers.  Say that in each Assembly district there are 15,000 gun owners.  80 districts, by 15,000 gives us 1,200,000 total, which is about 15% of the estimated number of gun owners in the State of California.  Now, suppose that those 15,000 gun owners in each Assembly (or State Senate) district were to make just one phone call a week voicing their concerns, and each call took up three minutes of staff time.  What is 15,000 x 3 minutes??  45,000 minutes. Per week.  That's 750 man-hours PER WEEK that the capons would have to come up with to deal with just this one subject.  That is almost 19 man-days per week.    If we all did our part, even just writing, figure that every letter, especially if you request a reply, would take up that same three minutes.  

If we make ourselves known, make our numbers felt, then we might be able to make some headway.  But as long as 99 44/100 wail and moan that All Is Lost!!! then, yeah, all is lost.  We need to become politically active and be heard as individuals.  8,000,000 individuals can make one hell of a roar if we all shout together.

And when was the last time this worked?..........

Respectfully,

OLG

1 minute ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

And when was the last time this worked?..........

Respectfully,

OLG

When was the first time the majority of  CA gun owners got off their butts and became politically active?  We haven't.  That's the problem.

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I'll pray for you.

Save your prayers for somebody that wants them. California is the greatest state there is, and I’ve spent quite a bit of time in at least 40. I’m not going to let some bad politicians and idiot voters drive me out. 

2 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

One of the advantages of living in Pennsylvania is that our legislature is set up to keep the urban population from being dominant. There are as many rural districts as there are urban districts

To the best of my knowledge every state in the union has a legislature that mimics Congress.

The scary part is that those urban idgits in California and Washington state have already circumvented that by collecting signatures and forcing their stupid ideas to be decided via the ballot box where urban area can outvote the rural portions of the state. When you bypass the legislature the checks and balances turn into mob rule.

Like the business with grocery bags.  We ain't allowed to get 'em for free anymore - cause distress to sea critters.  So they're banned statewide, thanks to the two major metropolitan areas.

Several times when I forgot to bring my own when the clerk would ask if I wanted to buy one I've responded with "Oh no...!  We gotta to our part to save the endangered San Joaquin Sea Turtle!"  *8-} silly

9 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

If you look at the number of voters that turned out in support of these laws, the anti-gunners could have been easily outvoted had gun owners taken a little imitative.

I cannot find the exact post but SDJ once posted the numbers.

Very few registered voters are single issue voters; so, unless you live in a Republican majority or competitive district it is too much trouble to register for permanent absentee & fill it out and drop in the mail or at a polling place in your county on election day.  This is why the Hildabeast margin of victory in CA was 3M+.  If you don't live in a district that is competitive or leans Republican the only reason to vote are propositions that float your boat.  The last few election years I was a CA resident I didn't bother to vote except when there was a proposition that would affect my wallet.  Last November there was no reason to vote against Gavin Newsome's firearms safety proposition since the inmates in Sacramento had already enacted similar legislation that year.  For Californians (which includes my children & grandchildren the only 2A hope is SCOTUS.

2 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

Each state Rep has the same vote so population density isn't important but yes each district has about the same population. Rural districts are geographically larger

Because of One Man One Vote each assembly & senate district have to have almost equal population based on the US Census.  The operative word is population not eligible voters.  In districts with high percentages of resident aliens (legal immigrants) and/or undocumented aliens (illegal immigrants) the ratio of voters to population is low.

Unless you're mail order ammo purchase is in the hundreds of dollars it isn't cost effective.  The exception is obsolete calibers where mail order is the only way to acquire.  Of course in CA after 12/31/2017 the cost will increase due to the per round tax that is part of the statute and there is the $50 per year ammo purchasing license.  My suggestion for CA pards that don't reload is to take in the vices in Los Vegas or Reno when there is a large gun show.  Stay Thursday night at a hotel off the venue site & take a taxi to & from the gun show.  Don't use plastic to by ammo.  These precautions are necessary because the CA DOJ have been known to prowl the shows observing people who exit & enter vehicles w/CA plates.  I am sure that if you bring a hand truck to the show they will record your plate no. when you load the many cases of ammo.  Many years back the operators of The Big Reno show & the Grand Sierra Resort ran some CA DOJ critters off the property.  This after they were made aware of the surveillance after some CA attendees were hassled when they crossed the state line at a previous show.  I heard the local authorities were none to pleased that the CA DOJ were working in NV wo/clearance from NV AHJ's.

14 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Oh heck ya :lol:...........................But, I want to keep my forum post'n privileges. :P

I also don't want to give Allie the 'vapors'..........:huh:

OLG

Aw OLG, AM isn't the only one watching...LOL

12 hours ago, Redwood Kid said:

15 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I'll pray for you.

That's all we can do. They have to deal with the junk. Their problem - their fight.  I only say that as I used to write, fax, email on behalf of my California pards in their fight, but it's hard to when folks get irate/defiant at you (born-raised-lived in California over half my life) when suggesting a move out of that state to make life easier for themselves. Seems even making that suggestion causes hostile "stop bashing California" rhetoric. For me, when I talk disparaging about California it's never about the people, but always about the politicians and how they have turned the Golden State into the Tarnished State. Many great things out of California, but the 2nd Amendment isn't it.

12 hours ago, Redwood Kid said:

Save your prayers for somebody that wants them. California is the greatest state there is, and I’ve spent quite a bit of time in at least 40. I’m not going to let some bad politicians and idiot voters drive me out. 

Will pray for ya anyway.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

13 hours ago, Redwood Kid said:

Kid,

I am a 4th generation Californio, my relatives came to Ca before the gold rush and even fought in the California Infantry during the Civil war. I was born in rural Los Angeles in 1941.....yes LA used to have lots of rural land: farms, orchards, dairies and hay land. I used to hunt a few miles from home, which is now all houses and devoid of all the pheasants and quail are gone. Can't even fish in the ocean any more (I did some commercial rock fishing of So Cal) due to all the marine reserves.

Sorry Pard, not even close to what it was and will never be the same. Get yourself a big gun safe and keep everything in it and locked....they're commin...............

On 11/2/2017 at 8:06 PM, Redwood Kid said:

I've lived in ten states and four foreign countries, spent a lot of time in 26 other states and live for 40 years in California.  Three years ago we finally decided than we couldn't tolerate it any more, couldn't change it, and most of the time couldn't get even professed pro-gun people to simply write a few letters to help the fight, we calmly packed our bags and left.

Still have family and friends in California, but once my daughter and her husband complete their move to North Carolina I will have no reason to ever again subject myself to that state.  

And whether or not you want my prayers you can trust me to believe that you still need them, and I'll keep on praying for the good folks there to either get out or persevere.

It frustrates me to no end to hear people that own guns who cannot understand that just because it doesn't effect them today doesn't mean it is not important to prevent the 2ndA from being slowly whittle away. Wonder what all those gun owners are going to say when the cost of their annual box of hunting ammo rises to over $100 because of all the red tape just to sell it. How many small business are going to be hurt financially because of this feel good law. It makes me..... :angry: :angry: :angry:

My own father cannot understand why anyone would want a magazine that holds more than 5 rounds. He has been a life long gun owner and hunter but is clueless about other shooting sports. He has never even held an AR style rifle and thinks there is no good reason for anyone to own one. He doesn't get the concept that a person shouldn't need a reason beyond the desire to own one.

I'll stop now before my blood boils away.

I think it's July 01, 2019 that background checks will be required for every ammo purchase - paid for by the purchaser, of course.  

One wonders how this stuff can come about, but the reality is the party in power is literally the party in control.  Even relatively conservative legislators belonging to that party are required to vote as directed by the party bosses, often in direct opposition of their constituents wishes.  One fella in Southern California did so recently, and the constituents started a recall campaign.  That resulted in the legislature - controlled by his party - changing the recall rules to protect him.

Sheesh!

Hey... they've changed the election laws so that it's virtually impossible for an "R" to make the ballot for Senator.  Only the two top vote collectors in the primary (collectively, from ALL parties) can appear on the election ballot.  About the only way a Republican can make the ballot would be for the Republican Party to somehow only allow one candidate in the primary... and even then he or she would likely fall behind the two most popular Democrats.  Now... what's that word they like to use... "Disenfranchisement?"   <_<

My feeble mind just cannot comprehend how that can even be legal.   :(

HC it is definitely not legal but finding people to file a complaint, a lawyer to fight it through the courts, and a Sugar Daddy to bankroll the fight is a hard problem to over come.

Unfortunately the once great state of California has been transformed into something so perverse that the words to describe it escape me. Our only hope is to get a case before the supreme court that once and for all nullifies all state level infringements of our Second Amendment rights. Until that happens I am afraid gun ownership in California is in real danger of becoming a novelty. The cost of those ammunition background checks will drive the cost of a box of ammo so high that few people will be able to afford it. $50.00 on top of the cost of a firearm is bad enough but add that same $50.00 to the cost of case let alone a box of shotgun shells or a brick of 22 shells and a lot of people are going to have to give up shooting due to the costs associated with it. I am so saddened by this insanity that I don't know what to say. :(

What really worries me the most is those same liberal snowflakes are starting to attack the First Amendment in much the same way they have attacked the Second. They have begun this by labeling any speech they disagree with as "hate speech".

Those groups are crossing a very thin line between being a protester protected by the constitution to becoming domestic terrorists. IMNSHO several of them already have.

Archived