SASS Wire Forum

I'm Worried

Chuckaroo #13080 Regulator

In 1996 I only had a few friends in Florida and none in Texas.  

I also started shooting cowboy in 1996 and due to SASS and the sport I still enjoy, I have a lot of friends in both states.

I feel kind of helpless because it seems that prayers alone are not enough. But, they are coming daily for all of those friends and their neighbors. May God be gentle on Florida and help those in Texas already dealing with mother natures worst.  I worry about all of the wonderful people I have met along the way and although I may not be there, I am with you.  Roo.

Thanks Chuckaroo, and Widder! It's great to know our cowboy friends will be thinking and praying for us.

I have all the essentials to make it through the storm, lead, powder, brass, and primers. I will be hunkering down over the 550 prepairing for all the good times to be had after the storm passes.

Chicken Scratch

44 minutes ago, Chicken Scratch said:

Thanks Chuckaroo, and Widder! It's great to know our cowboy friends will be thinking and praying for us.

I have all the essentials to make it through the storm, lead, powder, brass, and primers. I will be hunkering down over the 550 prepairing for all the good times to be had after the storm passes.

Chicken Scratch

CS,

You might want to add water and or beer to the essentials!  Be safe.

I feel kind of helpless because it seems that prayers alone are not enough.

Also feel helpless for those CAS members that suffered through and after Hurricane Katrina.

These back to back to back events are tough on people. It is easy to say possessions can be replaced but it is still a very stressful time when you loose your home and everything in it. It is hard for me to fully comprehend being displaced and still trying to maintain a somewhat normal life for the kids and family. There is strength from within and faith can carry them only so far.  Prayers up.

Prayers Up for everyone in Florida. Going to be a long couple of days as Irma churns up the west coast, and a much longer period of recovery, but I have no doubt the "Cracker Crew" will pull through.  Stay safe one and all.

As a person that grew up off the coast of Texas I can say most the people understand the risk and know how to react. It seems like the media is bent on bringing out the worst and more worried about spreading havoc than helping people prepare. maybe too much time to fill and competition is the root cause. Not to mention a golden opportunity to push "climate change"........

The good news is Americans pull together when the going gets tough and we band together in prayer and as a group to help others........without being told to do so or scared into it. 

So prayers up for the American sprit and people that stand strong in times of trouble. 

Archived