SASS Wire Forum

AMBUSH AT CAVERN COVE 2017

So Saturday is shaping no up to be quite the day.

Gotta get the game on the TV.

Gunfight in the street is going on. 

Then Saturday Evening probably gonna be all sorts of shenigans.

Lickskillet said he would be dressed as a saloon girl!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

There goes the neighborhood :blink:

Kajun

19 hours ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

TKD you done fell an bumped yo frigg'n head again ain't ya:huh:

Sawyer's Shooting School will be open for business!  I don't know how much I will charge but, I will bet it will be less than some or all than the others!  I will also bet that I have more graduates!

43 minutes ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

Updated above. Gary Franks is taken no reservations for camping.

I spoke with him on the phone and he told me to send him an email requesting a camping spot for myself and one other shooter which I have done. So, do I have a reservation or not? If not how will it be handled....first come first served...or what? 

Kajun

17 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I sent him my request several months back by email.  Hopefully I have a premium spot with a cabana and satellite TV hookups. 

I'm purt shore Uncle Frank's got you located between Quigley's Red Light House & Midget Rasslin' Emporium and Brisket's Mousefree Shower House. 

Kajun

1 hour ago, Krazy Kajun said:

I'm purt shore Uncle Frank's got you located between Quigley's Red Light House & Midget Rasslin' Emporium and Brisket's Mousefree Shower House. 

Kajun

Move over Kajun

I sent my application back with Barkeep.

We might be neighbors for a time.

Asked to posse with Ole Blue Eyes since she ran away.

I guess she's a Yankee now.

Waimea

28 minutes ago, Waimea said:

Move over Kajun

I sent my application back with Barkeep.

We might be neighbors for a time.

Asked to posse with Ole Blue Eyes since she ran away.

I guess she's a Yankee now.

Waimea

I'd bet ole Skittles has Ole Blue Eyes hid away someplace.  If'n you'll request to be on the same posse with Skittles you'll be sure to see Ole Blue Eyes whilst yore in AL.

Kajun

4 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Uncle Frank's outhouse mouse cost me a lot of money.  I had to buy Brisket her own portable mouse free outhouse.  

I think dat little mouseeee was just wanting a bath & and a little shampoo.:lol: BTW  Brisket bout cleared tha pic a nic table when i pointed and told her there was a mouseee under her foot Sat. @ Black Gold :D

4 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Kajun

Kajun we could always put Wa-enema up at CC's Cat House with all tha un-mentionables hang'n on tha clothes line.:o

On 7/9/2017 at 6:36 PM, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

Lickskillet said he would be looking for a saloon girl!    There fixed it fer ya:P

• 3 weeks later...

I just came into possession of some factory loaded ammo that I will be selling for a Cowboy's widow.

I have about 200 rounds of each and it will be less than 1/2 price of what Midway USA sells it for.  All lead bullets

45 Schofield

38-40

45 Long Colt

I also have some leather gear to put out on the yard sale table.  It's not fancy but the price is right and would be great for a new shooter.

Badlands Bob

21 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I just came into possession of some factory loaded ammo that I will be selling for a Cowboy's widow.

I have about 200 rounds of each and it will be less than 1/2 price of what Midway USA sells it for.  All lead bullets

45 Schofield

38-40

45 Long Colt

I also have some leather gear to put out on the yard sale table.  It's not fancy but the price is right and would be great for a new shooter.

Badlands Bob

I could trade you a Mule Headed LickSkillet for that 38-40 ammo.

Marshall, you'll note that ole BLB mentioned he "came into possession of"....that's cowboy shorthand for he stole it. :(

And I just got a text from him today...he and Brisket done slipped out of town in their rolling bunkhouse and are hiding out someplace in the mountains of NE Georgia.  We probably won't hear anything from him till we've used his name in vain enough to bring him out of hiding. 

Kajun

On 8/2/2017 at 6:50 PM, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

I could trade you a Mule Headed LickSkillet for that 38-40 ammo.

I'll make you a great deal on this ammo but I ain't taking any problems off your hands.

Comin' down to the wire on this.

Heard a lot of good things.

So if a feller got there on Wednesday would he be able to set up a camp?

Is there running water on-site?

I might meander my way up and get there Thursday. I just ain't sure.

What's everybody else doing?

Waimea

Give Uncle Frank a call about the camping and he will fix you right up.  They have water and electricity at each campsite.  There's also a shower house or two with several flush toilets.  Watch out for Uncle Frank's outhouse mouse.  My wife says that mouse is 2 feet tall.

2 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Give Uncle Frank a call about the camping and he will fix you right up.  They have water and electricity at each campsite.  There's also a shower house or two with several flush toilets.  Watch out for Uncle Frank's outhouse mouse.  My wife says that mouse is 2 feet tall.

Got my reservations in.

Just wondered what facilities were available.

Flush toilets are good.

Showers make it four star. 

Barkeep will single handedly push the rating up to 5*.

Outhouse mouse is just target practice.

Nice to know I will have electricity for the Little Red Tent. I can hook up my 72" TV. :lol:

When are you guys pulling in?

Waimea

We plan on leaving the homestead after the morning rush hour on Thursday.  If we can sneak around Atlanta without getting caught, we'll be at Ambush by early afternoon.  I imagine a lot of campers will be showing up on Thursday cause all the festivities start bright and early Friday morning. 

Most shooters stay in motels in Scottsboro.  It's about a 20 minute drive to the range.  All the motels are along the divided 4 lane highway (U.S. 72) with lots of restaurants scattered in.  Hampton Inn, America's Best, Quality Inn, Comfort Inn are all on the strip.  Pick your poison.  Camping on the range is the best option but motels are an acceptable alternative.

2 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Most shooters stay in motels in Scottsboro.  It's about a 20 minute drive to the range.  All the motels are along the divided 4 lane highway (U.S. 72) with lots of restaurants scattered in.  Hampton Inn, America's Best, Quality Inn, Comfort Inn are all on the strip.  Pick your poison.  Camping on the range is the best option but motels are an acceptable alternative.

Thank you just booked one, app is in the mail looking forward to my first out of state shoot!

7 hours ago, Chili Pepper Jack said:

Just sent in my App. Can someone please send me some information on hotels in the area I need to book a room quick! 

Looking forward to seeing you there, Jack. 

Stop by the booth and sit a spell or have a set of earplugs made.  We'll be vending this time.

14 hours ago, Rolan Kraps, SASS # 24084 Life said:

Looking forward to seeing you there, Jack. 

Stop by the booth and sit a spell or have a set of earplugs made.  We'll be vending this time.

I do need a set of your earplugs!! I will be getting in early Friday so I will stop in and chat with you. 

12 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Looks like Shootin Sharyn and I picked up two of the 'almost free' shoots, so we'll both be there.

Nice are you shooting 49er? I made a mistake on the check and just my luck as soon as I put it in the mail they had the special price!! If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all! My dyslexia was in full swing and read make check payable to NRA not NAR, just thought man that is great giving it to the NRA!!  Wife was correct I am not a smart man!

See you tomorrow for set up.

7 minutes ago, Chili Pepper Jack said:

I do need a set of your earplugs!! I will be getting in early Friday so I will stop in and chat with you. 

See you there!

On 8/8/2017 at 5:23 PM, Waimea said:

Comin' down to the wire on this.

Heard a lot of good things.

So if a feller got there on Wednesday would he be able to set up a camp?

Is there running water on-site?

I might meander my way up and get there Thursday. I just ain't sure.

What's everybody else doing?

Waimea

Yes you can set up on Wednesday. Most sites have running water. Several of us will be there on Thursday.

Archived