SASS Wire Forum

An idea whose time has come...

An idea whose time has come... ! :rolleyes:

Am I alone in hating being seated at a table for a meal with people - usually the younger folk - gazing into their mobile phones and thumbing like crazy...? :huh:

I want one of THESE!! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/HUgv5MDF0cQ

Unfortunately ........ That device is illegal. :ph34r:

Not in MY house or at MY table... ;)

(B'sides which it doesn't exactly exist in the real world... yet!) emo25.gif

It's only illegal if you get caught.

This ia small enough to be hidden in my wife's purse or a shopping bag beside me at a restaurant.

Hey, I have rights, too, including the right to be left in peace in public.

I wonder if this would work on those GD videos at gas stations and loudspeakers at stores. Probably not.. They are likely hard-wired in.

Next step is MY boom box overwhelming theirs. I once did that to a noisy neighbor. I had a reel-to-reel [layer and all the trimmings. I had a demo tape of the Hawaiian war chant about six minutes long. I put my Klipschorne speakers against a common wall and blew the paint off his wall.

He came to complain, I told him mine would stop when his did, and I never heard a sound after that

Exactly!

Also as one who has been a manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer, if I was helping someone who was on the phone and not talking to someone about what we were talking about, I would either wait on the next person or walk away.

big eeerk.

People at the bank, up at the teller, making the teller wait while they were on their phone. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek. NEXT!

Illegal.......

Question is, is this illegal in your own home?

I can see it illegal in a public location.... restaurant, ball game, etc.

But in your own home with your own family.

just wondering.

FCC has proclaimed that any device that jams wireless signals is illegal; period. Doesn't matter where it is used or why.

Jamming Cell Phones and GPS Equipment is Against the Law

In recent years, the number of websites offering “cell jammers” or similar devices designed to block communications and create a “quiet zone” in vehicles, schools, theaters, restaurants, and other places has increased substantially. While these devices are marketed under different names, such as signal blockers, GPS jammers, or text stoppers, they have the same purpose. We remind and warn consumers that it is a violation of federal law to use a cell jammer or similar devices that intentionally block, jam, or interfere with authorized radio communications such as cell phones, police radar, GPS, and Wi-Fi. Despite some marketers’ claims, consumers cannot legally use jammers within the United States, nor can retailers lawfully sell them.

The FCC is so unwavering on this that a cell phone jammer cannot be used at prisons to curtail the use of illegal cell phones. Even though it would have a significant impact on organized crime.

I could care less what the other people at the table are doing as long as they're quiet! I like to eat in peace! My father would always say in Italian, "Mangia, astuzdazeet!! It means "eat and shut up", (sorry for the spelling) :)

Archived