SASS Wire Forum

73 problem

Darksider

As stated, first fix is to tighten the hammer spring so that the sear stays in the notch of the hammer more securely. And clean the hammer/trigger/upper trigger parts.

If that does not get it, then you could have a chipped/sheared off/poorly shaped/worn out tip of the sear (Uberti calls it an Upper Trigger), or even a broken full-cock notch on the hammer itself. If you are not used to doing trigger jobs, get that problem to a gunsmith.

Good luck, GJ

If the hammer is following the bolt without pulling the trigger is an accident waiting to happen. Stop shooting it and have it fix immediately. There is a possibility that your hammer/trigger sear are worn out. Increasing the spring tension to compensate for this dangerous situation will just speed up wear and tear on your sears and heaven forbid, a catastrophic accident that could result in serious injuries or even death.

Out of battery discharge can happen in this kind of situation. Again, STOP and DON'T shoot that rifle until you have it fix. You may need a new trigger/hammer and needs to be stoned to the correct angle. A competent gunsmith can do it. It is not something anyone can do unless you know what you're doing. Be safe.

I.M. Crossdraw

If the hammer is following the bolt without pulling the trigger is an accident waiting to happen. Stop shooting it and have it fix immediately. There is a possibility that your hammer/trigger sear are worn out. Increasing the spring tension to compensate for this dangerous situation will just speed up wear and tear on your sears and heaven forbid, a catastrophic accident that could result in serious injuries or even death.

Out of battery discharge can happen in this kind of situation. Again, STOP and DON'T shoot that rifle until you have it fix. You may need a new trigger/hammer and needs to be stoned to the correct angle. A competent gunsmith can do it. It is not something anyone can do unless you know what you're doing. Be safe.

I.M. Crossdraw

Good advice!

I.M. Crossdraw

Trust me, Crossdraw knows what he's saying! ;)

Happened with my uberti 45lc only part of the time. With rifle empty cock the hammer and then from this position pull hammer back with your thumb and slide your thumb off hammer. On my rifle the hammer would drop all the way. I needed a new sear.t

I had a worn firing pin extension that was no longer going back far enough to set the hammer, the hammer would follow the bolt back down, if I ran it really hard the hammer would stay back.. The slot where the extension pins to the bolt was worn.

33MTG

Archived