SASS Wire Forum

Going through pockets of some of my vintage clothing today...

Roger that.

and they were used plenty in 1970 and on.

Do they still stretch or are they dead?

I still have the pin I pulled in basic....

Best

CR

Still flexible and stretchy!

Unlike me. ;)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now explain to him what "blouse" means.

A whole other thing to civilians. ;)

Uggh.... How to explain it... Blousing (verb): The act of closing the end of the pant leg tight, either through integral strings sewn in, blousing bands (as shown in the OP), or simply tucking them into the boots to help keep dirt, debris and insects out of the boot and to present a neat appearance.

I looked, and found the following. Not the way I did it, when I used them, but it gives an idea:

In the military it refers to pant legs, but any woman should understand it.

A normal shirttail will extend at least two or three inches below the waistband of the trousers or skirt.

Instead of tucking the tail all the way down in the trousers, like a man would, you tuck the very bottom of the shirttail into the waistband, and then fold the loose material of the shirt down over, hiding the waistband and giving a softer, more pleasing look.

727-Equipment-Sleeveless-Slim-Signature-

I thought they were a birth control device.

DD

No, that was the military issue prescription glasses, commonly referred to as BCGs (Birth Control Glasses) because they were so hideous.

And I think Alpo missed his calling... :rolleyes:

What? Fashion-expert? Nitpicker?

World's Greatest Authority? :P

Yep! ^_^

Roger That, I would like to know what else other than the intended purpose anyone has used them for

Roger That, I would like to know what else other than the intended purpose anyone has used them for

Re-closing an open bag of LRRP rats.

Were lurps any good?

I bought a package, at a surplus store when I was in high school. Never ate 'em, and they disappeared one day. Mama tossed 'em? maybe? But I remember I'd read about how much better they were than C-rats. I'd been eating C-rats and "Air Force In-Flight Meal Packs", also from the surplus store, for years. I KNEW what they tasted like.

Were lurps any good?

I bought a package, at a surplus store when I was in high school. Never ate 'em, and they disappeared one day. Mama tossed 'em? maybe? But I remember I'd read about how much better they were than C-rats. I'd been eating C-rats and "Air Force In-Flight Meal Packs", also from the surplus store, for years. I KNEW what they tasted like.

Then why did you keep eating them, haha?

On the original subject, how many of the earlier generation bloused in the field? In combat?

Most of the guys I see these days are saving those for garrison.

Were lurps any good?

Compared to heavy cans of C rats they were great, especially if your mode of transportation was shank's mare. The disadvantage was that they needed water. Not a problem in some areas but a big one in others. ( you could eat en dry in a pinch. The menus were fine. I liked the chicken stew and spaghetti best. I always tried to augment them with s few C rat delicacies like pound cake or peaches.

And by the way, when I say vintage clothing I'm not talking Zoot Suits. ;)

No Zoots. ;)

v6njfZ.jpg

Anybody remember the "Spiffy?" :mellow:

Looks vaguely familiar.

While attempting to verify what I think Hardpan's "Spiffy" is, I found USMC SLEEVE GARTERS.

I can't figger out how they work. Anybody know?

http://www.uniforms-4u.com/p-u-s-navy-white-shirt-garters-y-style-with-two-clips-12094.aspx

edit: Excuse me. SHIRT garters, not SLEEVE garters. I still don't know how they work.

Unless that's that thing where you attach your shirttail to your socks, to keep your shirt tucked in.

And if that's it, why would they make it in both black and white? if it's keeping your tail tucked in, then obviously it is underneath your trousers, so who would see what color it is?

No Zoots. ;)

v6njfZ.jpg

I'm not seeing any UCP/digicam ACUs in there. I'd be happy to send one your way, if you like.

I'm not seeing any UCP/digicam ACUs in there. I'd be happy to send one your way, if you like.

They're occupied right now,. ;)

BnSPCt.jpg

1osIAy.jpg

I need more closet space. :rolleyes:

Women hoard shoes, Bob has fatigues. :lol:

And guns. :D

Archived