SASS Wire Forum

chemo suspended

Trigger Mike

as you know my wife has been taking chemo for her cancer, both IV form and pills. the pills she also took while taking radiation and had lots of stomach problems back then and the dr lowered the amount of daily chemo pills. I've told you about her roller coaster emotions. During the last 7 days twice she accused me of plotting to kill her. The latest one was due to her fevers and 15 trips to the restroom with upset stomach in a day or fever and vomiting two days before that i asked the nurse what temperature of deer should i take her to the hospital. when i got off the phone my wife of 29 years says, "you just want to take me to the hospital so you can get them to give me poison so I will die". I relayed the fevers and ailments and the comments about me wanting to kill her to the dr and she added in her visit to the dr that she has black holes in her vision in the peripheral and reveals to me after he left that she also can not see clearly out to the side( I did a horizontal gaze nistagmus test (the pen past the eye drunk test you see on tv) and she could not see the pen and one eye bounced on the peripheral.

the dr took 5 vials of blood to see if her metabolism is mutated and can not process the chemo and will know in two weeks. she begged him to keep giving her the treatments and pills but he told her it is not working so there is no need and we may cause other problems and the eye changes are a concern so he ordered a ct scan of the original colon cancer area and a scan of the brain as well. no treatments until these two test come back. this made her upset at me and she complains to whomever will listen that had i kept my mouth shut she could keep taking chemo. The dr feels she should not be having as much trouble as she is based on the diarrhea and vomiting and fevers and headaches.

You've travelled a very rough road of late. I will keep you in my thoughts and meditations.

HOWDY, AFTER SURGERY, RADIAION NOW i'M ON NEXAVAR FOR MY CANCER LOST SOME HAIR, DRY SKIN AND STOMACH ACHES I FEEL GOOD NOT GREAT BUT THIRD YEAR OF NO SHOOTING

BEST WISHES

ENG

Mike,

I have not been on here nor did I know of your wife's problems. I am like the two Charlie's before me. I pray that there will be a cure for her somewhere down the pike. God bless both of you. Is there anything I can do?

Cherokee Charlie

Trigger Mike,

Knees down and prayers up, is all I can offer. Hang in there pard.

Archived