SASS Wire Forum

More news media goofiness

Utah Bob #35998

CNN reorter in Iraq said, "Coalition airstrikes this morning killed between 7 and 8 ISIS fighters".

Between 7 and 8.

Soooo, that's 7.5 fighters?? 7.3? 7 2/3?

You confused me when you used news and media in the header. They certainly aren't the same. This sounds more like media than news, based on the accuracy.

Didn't out forefathers count slaves as 2/3s of a person?

Howdy:

Sam Clemons said it "Those who do not read newspapers are uninformed. Those that read newspapers are misinformed." Same goes for any form of so-called news/media. We are in the age of incredible stupidity and propaganda releases.

STL Suomi

Howdy:

Sam Clemons said it "Those who do not read newspapers are uninformed. Those that read newspapers are misinformed." Same goes for any form of so-called news/media. We are in the age of incredible stupidity and propaganda releases.

STL Suomi

It every thus has been. The myth of an even handed and unbiased press is just that a myth. It may have existed for a very short time in the early '60s, but even that is doubtful.

This isn't about truth in media so much as it is ignarant and inarticulate alleged "reporters".

Maybe they were looking at the hat size of the one ISIS fighter they killed. CNN is frequently so confused they will say the dumbest things; weren't they the ones who called a black fellow in South Africa an African American African?

These guys are cut from the same cloth as politicians, and will frequently make the wildest of verifiably untrue statements: "I was in a helicopter that was shot down over Iraq" or another whopper "I invented the Internet" and they will do it with a straight face as if they well and truly believe what they just said.

My 2¢

Archived