SASS Wire Forum

Informational Post

Johnny Meadows,SASS#28485L

Please do not ship firearms without proper identification included with the gun. As an FFL, I need that information to legally log in all firearms shipped to me for either gunsmithing or resale.

I constantly receive guns with no identification, no phone #, no information about who has purchased the gun. It makes it a lot easier if that info is included with the gun, otherwise I am left with no alternative but the send the gun back.

Discription of work to be done is also beneficial.

Thanks,

Johnny Meadows

I have had individuals as well as OEMs send guns to my local FFL without identification more than once. Now I call ahead and let him know what is headed his way. Some of the individuals I understand but fo rhte life of me I cannot understand why a manufacturer would ship a firearm with no paperwork in the box.

I agree with Johnny. I have the same problem. NO information results in lost time and effort for everyone involved

Goatneck

Depends on what it is!

and what's owed!!!!

I normally contact the ffl by email or phone way ahead of the time to see if they will accept the firearm and let them know it's coming and why, it's just common curtesy, but I guess like common sense common curtesy isn't that common anymore.

Problem I have had is FFL sending guns to my FFL and failing to put on who that gun is for. Even though I gave the sending FFL all my info and requested that my name and phone number be included with the gun and it is not. My FFL just waits for someone to claim the gun. After a few days I call and informed, yep, it's here, but no name or phone number was included, have no idea who it is for or anything about it.

Problem I have had is FFL sending guns to my FFL and failing to put on who that gun is for. Even though I gave the sending FFL all my info and requested that my name and phone number be included with the gun and it is not. My FFL just waits for someone to claim the gun. After a few days I call and informed, yep, it's here, but no name or phone number was included, have no idea who it is for or anything about it.

I had that problem with Mitchell Firearms. I'm on their dealer list for my area and they sent me a rifle 2 times without telling me before hand they were shipping one and who had ordered it. I finally after the second time called them and we had a serious chat. Now they call or email me before it's shipped with all the info regarding who's getting it.

I know the design and have very little interest in trying to make it work like an SKB from Japan. They are imported by SKb but not built buy them.

Johnny M.

Archived