SASS Wire Forum

How not to construct a sentence

Ace_of_Hearts

Education has suffered greatly since this country was founded.

I doubt most of us "older folks" could pass a sixth grade history exam given in the early 1900's. And the English language has been destroyed since the writing of our Declaration of Independence was penned.

Sometimes I wonder if today "journalists" went to school at all. And how things get by managing editors is beyond me.

The title of this article is so badly constructed that it had me pondering why a police officer would shoot a dead man.

http://news.yahoo.com/phoenix-police-officer-shoots-dead-unarmed-black-man-200230314.html

At least once a week I have to re read a headline to figure out what they mean before I read the article. Eventually it starts to make the point. And they went to college for that. Guess we know what they did on weekends and it wasn't study how to write.

Sad. Unfortunately, not surprised.

He shot a dead unarmed man? Was the dead guy laying in the wrong place?

Never mind...I read the article.

wonder why these people don't just obey an officer. I have always found that it is better to obey and treat an officer with respect. 9 out of 10 times it will go much easier on ya.

No, the dead man was scuffling with the police officer, when the officer shot him. He just forgot he was dead for a bit of time, and suddenly got aggressive. I think I saw this same thing on an episode of Walking Dead

This is the sort of English up with which I will not put. (A probable mis-quote of a statement alleged to have been said by Winston Churchill.)

As a rule Editors haven't "edited" anything for many years and far too many local writers don't write anything. They just copy things from the network feeds..

This is the sort of English up with which I will not put. (A probable mis-quote of a statement alleged to have been said by Winston Churchill.)

I heard that one years ago, same attribution as you've cited. I doubt me not it's accurate, for I trust the source!

In the long run, if you fight with the police you will loose. If you defy the police instructions you will also loose. As an example, if a policeman says "raise your hands" and you respond by drawing a gun, you LOOSE!

Blackfoot

In the long run, if you fight with the police you will loose. If you defy the police instructions you will also loose. As an example, if a policeman says "raise your hands" and you respond by drawing a gun, you LOOSE!

Blackfoot

In the spirit of this thread, you LOSE, not loose. :P

Do they have a they have a zombie problem since the cop shot a dead man that he was scuffling with? :P

Maybe the the zombie problem the tactical folks are always talking about is real? :o

Do they have a they have a zombie problem since the cop shot a dead man that he was scuffling with? :P

Maybe the the zombie problem the tactical folks are always talking about is real? :o

I was wondering why one would bother to get into a scuffle with a dead man, but it all makes sense now.

Archived