SASS Wire Forum

Forever Means Forever

Calamity Kris

This song just came to my mind. Copied from http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/b/burt_bacharach/what_the_world_needs_now_is_love.html

"What the world needs now is love, sweet love
It's the only thing that there's just too little of
What the world needs now is love, sweet love,
No not just for some but for everyone.
Lord, we don't need another mountain,
There are mountains and hillsides enough to climb
There are oceans and rivers enough to cross,
Enough to last till the end of time.
What the world needs now is love, sweet love
No, not just for some but for everyone.
Lord, we don't need another meadow
There are cornfields and wheat fields enough to grow
There are sunbeams and moonbeams enough to shine
Oh listen, lord, if you want to know.
What the world needs now is love, sweet love
No, not just for some but for everyone.
No, not just for some, oh, but just for everyone."

The world has gone to hell.

First, his love for his dead wife is a wonderful thing. Don't get me wrong. BUT

If I went to a restaurant, on my anniversary, and took along a picture of my dead wife, and put it on the table, so I could have an anniversary dinner with my wife, and some jerk took a picture of my private moment and posted it on facebook, I would desperately want to kick their ass.

Is this the result of everyone carrying a camera? Anything and everything that happens gets photographed by some dork and posted to the net?

If I went to a restaurant, on my anniversary, and took along a picture of my dead wife, and put it on the table, so I could have an anniversary dinner with my wife, and some jerk took a picture of my private moment and posted it on facebook, I would desperately want to kick their ass.

Is this the result of everyone carrying a camera? Anything and everything that happens gets photographed by some dork and posted to the net?

This is a result of someone who has an inquisitive eye, and who captured a moment in time. It is a result of curiosity and caring.

The world is full of stupid, brutish and ugly things, in fact whole industries are built around creating or sharing such things.

Someone found a moment of beauty in the world, captured that moment, found the story behind this moment, and shared it with the rest of us.

That effort; to create and share a moment of beauty, is a gift to us, who have now been offered a chance to share in that couples joy, and

to benefit from knowing of and about them.

I applaud the photographer who saw this display of love, who captured it, who learned the story behind it and who shared such a great story with us.

Here's hoping that the world continues to fill up with people who love, people who can see and share love, and to those who can enjoy sharing it.

If more cameras lead to more great shots and good stories, then I'm for that.

Shadow Catcher

This is a result of someone who has an inquisitive eye, and who captured a moment in time. It is a result of curiosity and caring.

The world is full of stupid, brutish and ugly things, in fact whole industries are built around creating or sharing such things.

Someone found a moment of beauty in the world, captured that moment, found the story behind this moment, and shared it with the rest of us.

That effort; to create and share a moment of beauty, is a gift to us, who have now been offered a chance to share in that couples joy, and

to benefit from knowing of and about them.

I applaud the photographer who saw this display of love, who captured it, who learned the story behind it and who shared such a great story with us.

Here's hoping that the world continues to fill up with people who love, people who can see and share love, and to those who can enjoy sharing it.

If more cameras lead to more great shots and good stories, then I'm for that.

Shadow Catcher

+100!!

I really think the Widower DOES NOT really care if someone takes a picture.. or ask a caring question.

He is in love and in his own world,, Waiting for the time he can once again, be with his wife.

Alpo, I think I am going to disagree as well. While the possibility for intrusion into privacy and private moments does run rampant with the technology available to us, it appears from the article that this gentleman didn't mind sharing the story of his love for his wife, going so far as to offer sage words of advice to others. It has the ability to inspire those of us who are married to appreciate what we have a bit more, if we let it.

It is entirely possible that by putting the photo of her on the table, he not only shares his dinner with her, but when asked, as someone inevitably will, he is able to recount the story of their lives, pulling those memories up from the recesses of his mind and keeping them fresh for him. I know I certainly don't mind bragging on Mrs. Doc, and my appreciation for her putting up with me all these years. In fact, I think I need to send her a text right now.

OK, finished the text.

Now, this is going to bug me. I'm not the biggest country music fan around (particularly the really new stuff), but this reminds me of a country song popular a few years back, and I can't remember anything about it, other than a man's wife leaving him a note to wait for her when they were going to elope, and him talking about it with his grandson (?).

Meet in the Middle?

No, that's not it. I remembered enough of a lyric that Google was actually able to help

"Love, me" by Collin Raye

:rolleyes:

It was done with the up-most respect-YOU can't see that <_<

GZZzzzz,

LG

Archived