SASS Wire Forum

Culinary etiquette question

Utah Bob #35998

Well, tastes differ. I enjoy it.

And I'm boycotting all things Russian.

I mistyped ... Was trying to say it's very nice - I like it! Damn you auto-correct!!!

SC

About 30 years ago, the Army sent me to DLI for Russian. While there, I had a class on the proper way to drink Vodka, the "water of life". Drink it straight and follow it with a bite of black bread.

Yes exactly. Haven had a frozen pizza for years.

I'll use jalapeno stuffed olives to make it Cowboy. ;)

And no Russki vodka of course.

Russky Wodka is made by filtering the hydraulic fluid that leaks from their fighter planes and tanks then adding a bit of flavoring with whatever is in season. I prefer Swedish vodka (tastes like chocolate..............or is that Swiss Vodka?) or Finnish vodka, tastes cold, never goes warm!

Pizza? Just add BACON!

I thought you were referring to Ward Bond ! I bet he'd have had any booze with pizza.

I doubt he'd even consider pizza. :D

Pizza? Just add BACON!

I do. ;)

I'm with Cypress & Badger

Not surprised. All the young chicks seem to dig Craig. ;)

I think the Vodka martini would be fine as a cocktail or starter. In fact, make mine dirty with three olives. With the entrée I'd suggest wine, and for Bond that means going with either the Dom Perignon '55 or the Bollinger '75. As for the pizza I'd guess he'd go thin crust with seared Foie Gras, and goat's cheese finished with Beluga caviar served by a beautiful blond wearing only his white unbutton dress shirt. The things we do for God and Country, Bon Appetite.

Given the amount of time that has passed since most of the Bond novels were written, would anyone be drooling over these ancient champagnes anymore? Would a '55 anything have any fizz anymore? Or decent flavor? I understand that some folks want a bottle in their cellar for bragging rights, but if you had one, would you open it? And if you opened it, would you expect a decent drink or sludge or something else?

LL

Archived