SASS Wire Forum

Colorado is Weird

Subdeacon Joe

Yup weird.

Weirdly AWESOME! :)

Mt Evans is 14,265 ft. tall!!

Laz

And? Mt.Whitney is 14,505, does it have snow the last day of July? No! In fact, none of the 13 peaks in the Sierra Nevada that are over 14,000 ft. got snow. Yep, weird stuff back east there.

Yup weird.

Weirdly AWESOME! :)

Or is it awesomely weird? ;)

And? Mt.Whitney is 14,505, does it have snow the last day of July? No! In fact, none of the 13 peaks in the Sierra Nevada that are over 14,000 ft. got snow. Yep, weird stuff back east there.

Or is it awesomely weird? ;)

In Boulder, yeah.

One year the wife and I took the North Cascades Highway to get from Whidbey Island to Colville WA to visit her son over 4th of July weekend. While the roads were clear the snow was at least 10 feet high on either side of the road in the passes. VIews when you could see were amazing.

When I was stationed at China Lake I remember a few years when there was Snow on MT Whitney in July. With the drought I doubt that the snow in the lower Sierras lasts much past may.

I live in Craig, CO, 45 miles west of the continental divide at 6200' elevation. Lived there for 34 years now and have had snow on 4th of July. Haven't had snow in August yet, but that is the only month we've missed.

About 15 years ago Tioga Pass didn't open until late June or early July, and there was still snow on the ground into August in the higher elevations. And I've seen it snow around Breckenridge Mtn. in CA in early July. But not late July.

Used to work near Mammoth Mt. in the Sierras as a summer job when I was in school many years ago. I've seen snow at times all summer. It just depends on the year. Been on Mt. Whitney in July & August and seen it snowing so much it looked like a whiteout! You just never know.......don't screw with Mother Nature :P

California doesn't have any water. Why would it have any show? ;)

Nope. Never did.

If you are ever in the area I cannot recommend it enough. On a 5 star scale the place rates as at 7 for food and atmosphere. You will be throughly impressed.

It is in the gas station / quick mart at the east end of the road just off of 395. Don't let the looks fool you. Eating outside with an unbelievable view of mono lake.

If anyone doesn't care for snow in the high country, they could always stay out of the state! When we moved here in '69, there were bumper stickers that said, "Don't californicate Colorado!" Well, they done it! Got ultra-liberals holding both houses of the legislature and the governor's office, plus both U.S. Senators; 15 round magazine capacity limits, and others, not to mention legalized recreational "weed"! I recommend changing the state name to "State of Confusion"! <_<

If anyone doesn't care for snow in the high country, they could always stay out of the state! When we moved here in '69, there were bumper stickers that said, "Don't californicate Colorado!" Well, they done it! Got ultra-liberals holding both houses of the legislature and the governor's office, plus both U.S. Senators; 15 round magazine capacity limits, and others, not to mention legalized recreational "weed"! I recommend changing the state name to "State of Confusion"! <_<

I thought the legislature was going to change it to Kalarodo. :P

California already claims that name

Archived