SASS Wire Forum

Red Dot Powder - Anyone Use It for CAS Loads?

I can usually tell when someone has switched over to Red Dot in their 38's - Bang, pop, especially if it is below 50 degrees outside. It IS and option for 38's but just so you know..

If you try to go to the light side - it becomes a bit erratic in charge weight.

Red dot is great in the .32 H&R Mag but you need to get it to meter uniformly so weigh and open up the powder measure cavity to get a uniform charge weight. A few 1/10 of a grain stopped the bang pop.

Fordyce

Agree with Creeker, works well with a little hotter load. We shoot a lot of it in our 38 caliber loads and I keep a watch on the powder alarm.

I see where this thread started a year ago but has some new replies so I'll ask........... I just recently started shooting 45Colt and am currently loading with Bullseye and Tite Group BUT the 8 lb jug of Red Dot I got to use with my shotgun is more than a lifetime supply so am thinking of trying some of it with the 45Colt.

I am using Precision 200g Coated bullets, anyone mind sharing their load data via private message?

I see where this thread started a year ago but has some new replies so I'll ask........... I just recently started shooting 45Colt and am currently loading with Bullseye and Tite Group BUT the 8 lb jug of Red Dot I got to use with my shotgun is more than a lifetime supply so am thinking of trying some of it with the 45Colt.

I am using Precision 200g Coated bullets, anyone mind sharing their load data via private message?

PM on its way. BTW, when using it in both 45Colt and shotshells, 8 lbs ain't gonna last you all that long... :P

Used to use red dot a bunch, being relatively fast you don't need much in pistols. Used it in 32acp,9mm luger, 9mm mak, 38spec, 44 spec and 45 acp and 12 gage. Years ago I switched to AA2 as it was much less expensive at the time. Now maybe not so much but then I have a bunch of the aa2

Archived